Read/Write values from 2 WebResources on a form using Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement to convert OptionSets to behave as Multi-Select checkboxes which I have successfully achieved following this blog (http://slalomdotcom.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/multi-select-option-sets-part-2/) but we have 3 separate such OptionSets and they all need to interact with each other based on a single Multiline field.

So I want to know how to interact between 2 WebResources.

To better understand I will try and explain it as below in an example.

1. OptionSet 1
      - converted as multi-select  option set
      - selected/deselcted values written back to a multiline textbox field on form
    2. OptionSet 2
      - converted as multi-select option set
      - selected/deselcted values appended back to the same multiline textbox as above

both of the above optionsets write to the multiline textbox as an XML string as follows

<lists><list>OptionSet1-Text1</list><list>OptionSet1-Text2</list><list>OptionSet2-Text1</list><list>OptionSet2-Text2</list></lists>

I could have 3 seperate multiline text boxes but my requirement is specifically to work based on a single multiline text box

So can someone please help me as to how i can interact between 2 WebResources. If you can give me some sample code based on the above example then i will work it out how i can utilize it for my specific requitements

Thank you very much in advance

Friday, July 25, 2014 11:48 AM

All replies

• I understand you have already spend alot of time however you approach is unsupported by Microsoft and you might get issues if your adopted the approach. Another option is to user lookup instead of multi select picklist. If you want to do some development then the best option would be user an HTML page. Retreive and update CRM database using oDate or rest end points.

Regards Faisal

Friday, July 25, 2014 2:05 PM