Deploying with Package in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of trying to deploy a Plugin from Visual Studio 2012 and I am using the ILMerge to merge a few assemblies.

This is an upgrade from CRM 2011 which also used merged assemblies with no problem.   

For 2013 when I use the merged assemblies it indicates that the merge is successful in the output window when I build the assembly and when I then go to deploy using the CRMPackage I receive the following error message:

Error 10 Error registering plugins and/or workflows. The PluginAssembly (Id=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: None; ComponentOperation: Create; ComponentSolutionType: Solution; SolutionOperationContext: None; IsProtected: True; IsBeingPublished: True. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\CRM\Microsoft.CrmDeveloperTools.12.targets 176 4 Lims.CRMPackage

If I use the plugin registration tool instead I can publish the .dll it does not see some of my supposed merged assemblies.

Has anyone encountered and solved this error message when trying to deploy in Visual Studio 2012 ?

Thank you,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:06 PM