Adding a new Activity on the Opportunity using the Activity Feed RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I am using Microsoft CRM Online. I have created a plugin to run on post Create of a task.

When adding a new task from the activity feed of the Opportunity, the plugin is not firing while it is firing when adding a new task from the activity grid.

I would appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Friday, April 24, 2015 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Activity feed grid does not add any tasks. So the correct place to fire is from the activity grid for sure. Also when you add new post from Activity feed, it is just a post and not task.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Friday, April 24, 2015 10:18 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

However Just to clarify, in the Opportunity screen, it is the wall having the tabs "Post", "Activities", "Notes".

in the tab "Activities", when I am adding a task then the plugin is not triggered. I have created a workflow to test and it is triggered on creation of the task.

Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

• Edited by Joe Mouawad Friday, April 24, 2015 12:25 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 12:23 PM
  • After putting some tracing, I noticed that the plugin is being triggered however the "regardingobjectid" attribute is not passed while all other attributes of the task are, I did some searches and found out that this is not supported.

Any ideas of resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Friday, April 24, 2015 2:34 PM