Trigger a plug in in read only form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frnds,

I need to trigger a plugin in readonly form..For this i changed a field value and call a save event,but i was not able to trigger the save event.

Can any one suggest me a soltuo..Thanx in advance

Arun Kumar G

Monday, December 9, 2013 4:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Guys,

Done work around to sort out. On click of button, i have created a custom entity record and in on create message of that entity, triggered the plugin to work.  This helps me to keep some details of that readonly form for my reference. Thanks for your suggestions.

Arun Kumar G

• Marked as answer by Aronkumar Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:20 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:20 AM

All replies

• through javascript update the form and save it 

trigger ur plugin on update of the form.

ms crm

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:57 AM
  • Hi Arun,

If your record is inactive, you can't fire your plugin but you can activate it and do your processing and deactivate it again., but you have just did your form read only using JS code, you can execute your server side code against your record from any other way for example using .net component and it will fire plugin.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by D Suresh Kumar Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:46 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Hi Arun,

What do you need to accomplish? A readonly form means the user has no update-privileges on the record.

If you need a server-side plugin trigger on the record, no matter what type, you could consider writing a plugin and register it on the Retrieve message for the given entity. The plugin must be designed to perform its task if only one attribute is specified that is otherwise never used. Create a Javascript function which retrieves this one attribute of the record (using an OData query). Attach the Javascript function to a button or menu option.

Hope this helps.

Henk

If this post is an answer or helpful, please do not forget to vote!

Monday, December 9, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Done work around to sort out. On click of button, i have created a custom entity record and in on create message of that entity, triggered the plugin to work.  This helps me to keep some details of that readonly form for my reference. Thanks for your suggestions.

Arun Kumar G

• Marked as answer by Aronkumar Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:20 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:20 AM