Windows Update Turns Genuine Vista Home Into Non Genuine? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

3 month ago I bought my father a HP Presario C500T laptop w/ Windows Vista Home pre-installed by HP. I did set-up his account as non-privileged user for his own good so he cannot accidentally break anything. I told him that the only thing he can trust are those pop-ups with Microsoft updates that will help him keep his computer safe and running and that has been the case until last week when after the most recent update he allowed his computer stopped working, claiming that "This copy of Windows is not genuine."  I tried today to help with over the phone, I had him go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/  and try "Validate Windows" to no avail. My father lives in Eastern Europe and I live in US, so I can't help him in person any time soon, I have to do over the phone assistance, which is not easy. My father claims that after login he gets to the Windows activation screen, no desktop icons, no Start menu, etc.

Now my questions are:

1. Has anyone experienced something similar recently, i.e. a legit, perfectly good working copy of Vista being rendered "not genuine" by a Windows update?

2. Has anyone fix it and how?

3. Can this be related to the recent mishap at Microsoft when pre-production keys were pushed to production servers?

TIA

Sunday, September 2, 2007 3:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• What you need to do is to reactivate your Windows Vista installation using the telephone activation method:

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
    (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
    Enter.
    The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

Sunday, September 2, 2007 4:26 AM
  • i had exactly the same problem, in fact think there are a few people over the last few days here as well.

i had no desktop icons, start menu, taskbar nothing on the screen except the box your fathers got asking him to reactivate but that would never work. in the end i had to reformat and reinstall windows as the only option, luckily it worked and activated with no problem.

i do beleive this has been caused by a Microsoft update as on the day it happened to me i had 4 windows updates installed.I managed to get into safemode and try to uninstall te last 4 updates but soon as windows restarts it reinstalls them. Unfortunatly you cant do a system restore from safe mode either so you cant roll back to before the updates and also you cant run SLUI. EXE 4 in safe mode either

lucky that i carry out full backups of all my files and folders etc.

Sorry i can't be more help, as i say the only option that worked in the end was a complete reformate and reinstall.

Just as a side note what antivirus is he running as the error code i got when trying to activate was to do with DRM which pointed to my antivirus program as being incompatible with Windows Vista but i really can't beleive that Microsoft's own ONECARE antivirus and security suite is incompatible with Vista.

Inanswer to Carey F please READ THE POST your replying to, he stated that he has NO DESKTOP (HE CAN'T ACCESS THE DESKTOP) but YOU yet again just giveout the same answer TYPE SLUI. EXE 4 and then do the phone activation, hows he going to do that with NO DESKTOP. try to be a bit more helpfull

Keith

Sunday, September 2, 2007 7:51 AM
  • I faced the same problem since Friday. I bought a dell laptop with MS Vista genuine home premium one month ago. It worked well and since friday it says that "This copy of Microsoft windows is not genuine" on startup. I didn't perform any update , ActiveX download and etc during this one month. By entering the product key (labeled at the buttom of laptop) nothing changes. Now I have No desktop, No start menu, Not anything(Except for a browser to purchase a new key!!! with REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY).
    I followed the instructions to activate online (with "Validate windows" in http://www.microsoft.com/genuine) ,but I just recive an error code 0x80080250 (Windows validation error)

What's going on?
    Why Microsoft doesn't solve this problem?
    Who is resposible for losing time and money because of this?
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 11:17 AM
  •  jack_2007 wrote:
    I faced the same problem since Friday. I bought a dell laptop with MS Vista genuine home premium one month ago. It worked well and since friday it says that "This copy of Microsoft windows is not genuine" on startup. I didn't perform any update , ActiveX download and etc during this one month. By entering the product key (labeled at the buttom of laptop) nothing changes. Now I have No desktop, No start menu, Not anything(Except for a browser to purchase a new key!!! with REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY).
    I followed the instructions to activate online (with "Validate windows" in http://www.microsoft.com/genuine) ,but I just recive an error code 0x80080250 (Windows validation error)

What's going on?
    Why Microsoft doesn't solve this problem?
    Who is resposible for losing time and money because of this?

thats the exact same error code i got, on looking it up on the Microsoft knowledge pages it says

If you get this error code, it means that the anti-virus program's Digital Rights Management (DRM) is not matching with Windows Vista.  In simple words, it is not compatible with Windows Vista.  You need to contact the anti-virus manufacturer to obtain a version that is compatible with Window Vista, and then reactivate the OS.

well my antivirus is MICROSOFT ONECARE BETA2 and really would think that it should be compatible with Vista. i managed to get into safe mode and tried to uninstall one care but guess what you cant uninstall ONECARE in safe mode neither can you do a system restore in safemode either or run slui .exe4 as Carey F keeps suggesting

If you can get into safemode and your not using onecare then i can only sugest that you try to unistall your antivirus / security suite and then try to activate again the only other option a can see at the moment is to reinstall Windows from the Recovery disk you got with your Dell PC ( i do hope you got a recovery disk or a recovery partition) i am convinced this has been causedby a REQUIRED WINDOWS UPDATE.

Regards.

Keith

Sunday, September 2, 2007 11:38 AM
  • If one cannot access the desktop after booting normally, then the next option would be to restart your computer and enter into Safe Mode.

Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears.

While in Safe Mode, you can reactivate using the procedure I outlined previously.
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 11:49 AM
  • Try it, NO YOU CAN'T you CAN NOT  run slui.exe4 from safemode it wont let you with the issue these other people and myself are having. come on try to be helpful instead of posting the same message every time.

Sunday, September 2, 2007 12:15 PM
  • Thank you Keith,
    But I have a Vista compatible anti-viruse and as you say, I can't uninstall it from the safe mode neither running "Windows Activation" program. Besides, reinstalling windows and drivers takes a long time.
    I had an image from my pure windows and it's drivers. Yesterday I recovered my Windows partition with that image and it started up well. but after  one day (and after I reinstalled all my needed programs) it suddenly didn't startup and I faced the same problem as before.

Isn't there any MS technician to answer my questions?
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:03 PM
  • Contact WGA Techical Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029

Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:33 PM
  • There should be a link that opens IE possibly saying "Click here to buy a genuine version" or something, click it then type C:\Windows\Explorer.exe in the Address Bar and press go, then open to start Explorer and get your desktop, then you can do the steps that you couldn't do with a desktop.
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 5:55 PM
  • Thank you, that's worth a shot, I'll try it as soon as I work out the logistcs for remote assistance ( webcam may be involved too). I thought I had this down pat, my father has no privileges to break things and I was to use CoPilot to access his computer  to help him with all other stuff, but I wasn't prepared for this.

Sunday, September 2, 2007 11:47 PM
  • I also removed my antivirus and still have the problem to activate : 0x80080250
    Monday, September 3, 2007 5:52 AM
  • After 141 minutes on the phone w/ a Microsoft tech, my computer is working again.  I, too, didn't have any icons, etc.  Dell tech support just wanted me to re-install Windows which didn't make me happy, so I continued my quest. 

I was able to restore my computer to a previous date before the Vista updates while in safe mode (pressing F8 at startup).  I was then able to check my computer and see that I indeed everything was fine with my version of Vista. For the time being I disabled automatic updates.  I am concerned that I will have the same problem when the updates that screwed up my computer try to re-load, but hopefully the problem will be fixed by then.  I even got a refund of my $59!

Monday, September 3, 2007 6:31 PM
  • Thanks, I'll try that, so what exactly did you do in safe mode?

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 12:19 AM
  • I think I should add a comment to my previous post. After I recoverd my Windows from a premade image and it worked for one day, during that day I was connected one time to the Internet. Maybe that's the cause of problem ("Automatic Updating" as Lisa60 said) for the second time. But one question arises here: " The problem of Genuine Windows Software was fixed many days ago (about 5 days ago), so why after they fixed the problem (As they claim) , I faced it again"?
    Tuesday, September 4, 2007 5:38 AM
  • I clicked on start and entered "system restore" in the search box, then double-clicked on the program.  System restore is also in acessories in your programs under tools, but I'm not sure what you can access in safe mode.  Anyway, once system restore came up, I picked a date to restore to that I knew everything was working fine.  I ran it and the computer restarted without a problem.  Hope this helps.  I'll be checking back to see when it will be safe to enter updates again.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:44 PM
  • How to restore functionality temporarly in RFM:

If your default browser is Internet Explorer:

1. In the URL, type C:\
    2. Navigate to the location C:\Windows
    3. Locate the file "explorer.exe" and double click it.  This will restore the desktop for this session only.
    4. Follow the steps to activate by telephone.

If your default browser is FireFox:

1. In the URL, type C:\Windows
    2. Locate the file "explorer.exe" and click it.  This will prompt you to download it.
    3. Save the file, it should take less than a second.
    4. Go to Tools > Downloads (if it isn't open already)
    5. In the download window, click on "Open".  This will restore the desktop for this session only.
    6. Follow the steps to activate by telephone.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 12:04 AM
  • No luck with System Restore since there were no Restore Points. What makes it so hard is that the computer and myself are continents apart, I'm seeing the screen through a (hand held) Webcam and I have to spell commands, URL's, etc. to non English speaking non computer trained people of a certain age. I reckon we are just being collateral damage in the war that Microsoft is waging against piracy through their dreadful WGA. Ubuntu, here I come.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:21 AM
  •  

Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012) with any new question. 

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine
    The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

Windows update does not change any functionality of the machine. However, if you download hardware drivers you may be required to reactivate (it depends on what the hardware drivers update - such as IRQ settings, interrupts, etc) depending on the peice of hardware itself.

-phil

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Phil, probably you meant to write that Windows update is not intended to change the functionality of the machine, however the fact remains it broke after the update; my father has neither the knowledge nor the user privileges to download and install drivers on his own, nor a reason to do so for that matter. Validate Windows reports unknown error, MGA diagnostics claims the the key is invalid, I will try to get a screen shot. Now tell me, why would a key turn invalid all of the sudden after 3 months?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 10:49 AM
  • Phil,

I also didn't install anything, and in fact, the only changes showing up when I did the system restore was Microsoft updates.  At least Microsoft could take responsibility for their problem! 

I would have been happy to post the diagnotic tool if I could have even been able to run it.  I had the error message to reinstall Windows right after the welcome screen and did not have a desktop.  I just want to know when it will be safe to install updates again.

Lisa

Thursday, September 6, 2007 2:54 PM
  • I experienced a similar problem whereby my Vista was activated then after an update it told me I had 3 Days left to validate. I rolled the system restore into operation to the previous day and everything has went well since and that was 4 months ago. I also find that if I run programmes right click and run as Administrator do not let programme run on Auto and that seems to work as well. I am going through this Vista with a fine tooth comb and seeing there is a fair bit of tweaking needing done to make programmes run smoothly. It does have a lot of security built into it which is a good or bad thing goood if you take time to figure out the solution bad if you do not have the time too figure out solutions, but thats what the help buttons for is it not. 

Friday, September 7, 2007 8:53 AM
  •  Carey Frisch wrote:

Contact WGA Techical Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029

Friday, November 2, 2007 4:00 PM
  • Just how serious this issue is, is summarized by my experience.  In December about the 18th, I was notified that my New H/P laptop which came with Vista Home Premium installed said that there were 7 updates for Vista ready for installation.  I let the installations proceed along with 2 updates for Microsoft Office 2003.  The next day, I turned on my computer and got the message of a Non Genuine Copy of Vista running on this machine.  I was able to "force" the system into the operating plateform and went to sytem restore.  There I went to the last successful installation and then rebooted.  I went to H/P Chat and was told about a microsoft web site which I logged into and said the copy of Vista was non geniuine.  H/P Chat suggested I do a F11 (factory default restore).  I suggestede that I let the system reinstall the windows' vista updates.  After that, I could not get to any system not to safe mode or any other.  Kept getting "blue screens" and scan disk commands - which were useless.  F11 did not work properly either, nor did the recovery disks I had made when I bought the system.  I finally had to return the system to H/P service where they re-imaged the drive and did some sort of update.  Its working great, albeit, with the long boot period that's systemic with Windows Vista.  Plan on taking the system back for service is my suggestion

Bruce Ronsen

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 4:20 PM
  • i have experienced a similar problem i shut down one day and on startn the next day my operating system shows that my windows vista is not genuine i dont knw from where the problem is comin ....

And i am a newbie in this things if anyone could guide me pls....

Sunday, March 9, 2008 7:20 PM
  • I just had that problem today (2-23-09) I guess it's something that has been around for a while; it first gave me a message box saying that most of windows features will not be accessed, it gave a link to activate windows (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, and it came with my computer). I clicked the link and tried to activate windows, it installed an add-on to validate windows. It did not work, it game an error saying that they were unable to read or activate windows, I tried about three times and it gave me the same error, by the way the first time when I started windows it just warned me. I decided to shut off my computer.

when I did so, and restarted it, it gave the same error as you described it here. what I did was I clicked the second option from the windows that popped up (which will let you enter your serial key) I clicked that and activated it, it did work, it said that activation was successful. The first one tells you to buy a activation kit, which sucks if you've bought your copy of windows. The last option is to get help from microsoft, but if you have a valid key I suggest everyone to enter it right there. Later on, I returned to www.microsoft.com/activate to activate my compy and clicked the activate button and it did work. I guess it's an update but I don't remember I did an update. I have my computer set to update at 3:00 am but at that time my computer is always shut off.

By the way the serial key is located on the back of your computer, I'm using a laptop so mine is under it, where the sticker is, it's the last part where it says product key. Good Luck everyone. Let's hope it won't happen again because I'll get mad and get a vista ultimate for exchange because it's not cool to ask people's serial key when they already have activated it, what if they have lost it?

Just a guess.

peace

-Warrior

Monday, February 23, 2009 11:16 PM
  • Hi Warrior,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users create their own forum thread as well as download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a message in the new thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1) Login to Vista and Click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.

2) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

3) A window will come up asking if you want to Run or Save, Select Run

4) When the program runs, Click the Continue button, then click the Copy button.

5) Return to this thread by Typing: http://forums.community.microsoft.com/en-US/genuinevista/thread/8a57a012-8f38-4430-a632-fffcdffcaf75 into the browser address bar.

6) In a reply post, Paste the Diagnostic Report.

Attention Forum All Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:32 PM
  • I have had the exact same problem and all of the solutions consist of me spending money that i do not have... I am also shocked to find that this wa originally posted 2years ago!!

I am a loyal Microsoft Window user and after this problem, which from what i have read, Microsoft is refusing to be responsible for, I am, dare i say it, considering making the move to the offensive pristine annoying fruit (i feel sick already!)

I have perused through many threads and tried many solutions, much to my dismay. I've tried:
                     restoring to an earlier point... didn't work,
                     disk clean up... didn't work
                     software licence thingy.... didn't work
                     the thing to make software licencing thingy work.... Didn't work
                     gracefully willing the machine to work... didnt work
                     ungracefully wishing so hard, that this problem sorts out soon because i can't work from home anymore, that i nearly pass out with light-headedness... Didn't work
    Honestly it feels like i have tried everything. And yes i know what you're thinking "you haven't tried reinstalling Vista", well i cant because it came already installed on my computer! :( so there it is. I am at the end of my tether, ive tried all the solutions on this page too but no joy; and because this is a problem that occured when a Microsoft update installed I would really like it if Microsoft could help.
    but i beg of you not to tell me to use a phone because that what my computer was for.. please dont tell me to reinstall Windows because I dont have the disk because this stupid computer came with it already on.. and please do not say Contact WGA Tech Suppport because they told me to do all of the above..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help, see my diag report below.

Regards,

a very sad Brit... :(

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80070426
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-9Q27C-6CWD7-MQ3CQ
    Windows Product Key Hash: qhMbHikwhp/jGNClWTyMpDZP8h0=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00115
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003
    ID: {2299D052-C1CA-49A5-8974-F7BC4727B140}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102
    TTS Error: M:20091206134028576-
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6001.18000

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-458-80041002_025D1FF3-344-80041002_025D1FF3-229-80041002_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\gdi32.dll[6.0.6001.18159]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\netapi32.dll[6.0.6001.18157]

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{2299D052-C1CA-49A5-8974-F7BC4727B140}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-MQ3CQ</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00115</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3614696016-1873343255-3261623279</SID><SYSTEM/><BIOS/><HWID>29313507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>PacBel</OEMID><OEMTableID>PBDTNB00</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>64925273966F2DA</Val><Hash>pm65ZeTyfapPIEYT/4Uf7dZTdds=</Hash><Pid>81602-365-8893824-68045</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 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

Licensing Data-->
    Software Licensing service is not running.

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: NgAAAAEABAABAAEAAQABAAAAAwABAAEAJJQCKDo9wkFgkb7BAKK0DHTI8vQQDrIJrFZtLCqF

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20000
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      FACP            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      HPET            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      MCFG            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      WDRT            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      SLIC            PacBel        PBDTNB00
      SSDT            PmRef        CpuPm

Sunday, December 6, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-4JJQP-TP64Y-RPFFV
    Windows Product Key Hash: W7I5PeTN2iJuvTTU9QmIXc6iQqY=
    Windows Product ID: 89583-OEM-7332157-00043
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003
    ID: {09FD77C9-014D-466B-A9AE-FB555D173877}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_B4D0AA8B-920-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{09FD77C9-014D-466B-A9AE-FB555D173877}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RPFFV</PKey><PID>89583-OEM-7332157-00043</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2271130891-2439021103-3210169918</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.        </Manufacturer><Model>N80Vb               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>207    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20081205000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>2A313507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>19</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Name: Windows(TM) Vista, HomePremium edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Vista, OEM_SLP channel
    Activation ID: bffdc375-bbd5-499d-8ef1-4f37b61c895f
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 89583-00146-321-500043-02-1033-6001.0000-3572009
    Installation ID: 105273137102829605313574375552562341083294199493793070
    Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43473
    Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43474
    Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43476
    Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43475
    Partial Product Key: RPFFV
    License Status: Notification
    Notification Reason: 0xC004F057.

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: OAAAAAEABAABAAEAAQACAAAAAwABAAEA6GHoGPznXGPeVEw66Hgao6SV8vRE2Iyx6vZ+caxWRso=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes, but no SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   120508  APIC1018
      FACP   120508  FACP1018
      DBGP   120508  DBGP1018
      HPET   120508  OEMHPET
      BOOT   120508  BOOT1018
      MCFG   120508  OEMMCFG
      OEMX   120508  OEMX1018
      ECDT   120508  OEMECDT
      OEMB   120508  OEMB1018
      SSDT   PmRef  CpuPm

this is happen to me please help i NEED MY COMPUTER

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

We can try telephonic activation.

Applies to Windows 7.

This happened because of : Update KB971033 Genuine Windows Validation.

Try the following steps.

//Make sure your default internet browser is Internet Explorer.

1.       Login to the desktop in normal mode and open Task manager

2.       Open a new task windows and run “appwiz.cpl”. It will open the add/ remove program  window.

3.       Check the box “Show Updates” and look for KB 971033. If it is there then remove it.

4.       Restart the machine again in normal mode open new task from task manager and run “CMD”. It will open the command prompt.

5.       When you will have the command prompt you can type  “slmgr /ato”. This command will try to activate the product again.

Thanks

Pankaj Rai

Monday, September 20, 2010 7:08 PM