Regarding Windows 7 activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I bought a Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate online (Microsoft Store - for which Microsoft shipped me original DVDs) and have been happily using it on my DELL Inspiron for the last three years plus. Couple of days back my DELL died out on me (possibly power surge). So bought a new Desktop PC with some cool hardware. I was sad (DELL) and happy (new PC) at the same time, but my happiness lasted for only couple of hours when Windows 7 activation error #C004C008 kicked in. Since that time (morning 11AM IST - Monday) till now (1:02 AM Tuesday) I have been trying to activate Windows using all of the Toll Free and Toll numbers for India, and every time I enter the 54 digit long ID and then the phone hangs up on me. Seems like there is no other number for me to call the Customer Representative directly for any guidance/support. Please help me in activating my Windows, because the phone activation is not working out for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anirban

Monday, December 23, 2013 7:38 PM

Answers

• Use telephone activation.

telephone activation (operator calls)

Click on the Start button

in the Search box, type

SLUI   4

and hit the Enter key

follow the instructions, but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:05 AM