none
Windows 7 phones and Active Sync problems RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing an server which will interpret the Active Sync requests sent from the mobiles and send sync items to the mobiles. As of now I am developing it only to sync mail contents. As far as iPhone, Android OS, Symbion OS are concerned, there were no problems in syncing the email contents. But in the case of windows mobiles, the response is not accepted and error is thrown (specified below). I have pasted the complete request from the mobile, the response sent back to the mobile and the error shown in the mobile.

Request from the Mobile :

<AirSync:Sync><AirSync:Collections><AirSync:Collection><AirSync:Class>Email</AirSync:Class><AirSync:SyncKey>1298009686640</AirSync:SyncKey><AirSync:CollectionId>1002794000000005013</AirSync:CollectionId><AirSync:DeletesAsMoves></AirSync:DeletesAsMoves><AirSync:GetChanges></AirSync:GetChanges><AirSync:WindowSize>100</AirSync:WindowSize><AirSync:Options><AirSync:FilterType>2</AirSync:FilterType><AirSync:Truncation>5</AirSync:Truncation><AirSync:Conflict>1</AirSync:Conflict></AirSync:Options></AirSync:Collection></AirSync:Collections></AirSync:Sync>

Response sent to Mobile :

<AirSync:Sync><AirSync:Collections><AirSync:Collection><AirSync:Class>Email</AirSync:Class><AirSync:SyncKey>1298009796062</AirSync:SyncKey><AirSync:CollectionId>1002794000000005013</AirSync:CollectionId><AirSync:Status>1</AirSync:Status><AirSync:Commands><AirSync:Add><AirSync:ServerId>1:1</AirSync:ServerId><AirSync:ApplicationData><Email:To>"rrr" &lt;rrr@bbb.com&gt;</Email:To><Email:From>"mmm" &lt;mmm@bbb.com&gt;</Email:From><Email:Subject>testing</Email:Subject><Email:DateReceived>2011-2-18T11:46:30.115Z</Email:DateReceived><Email:DisplayTo>Admin</Email:DisplayTo><Email:ThreadTopic>mail to me</Email:ThreadTopic><Email:Importance>1</Email:Importance><Email:Read>0</Email:Read><Email:BodyTruncated>0</Email:BodyTruncated><Email:Body>test sync</Email:Body><Email:MessageClass>IPM.Note</Email:MessageClass><Email:InternetCPID>20127</Email:InternetCPID></AirSync:ApplicationData></AirSync:Add></AirSync:Commands></AirSync:Collection></AirSync:Collections></AirSync:Sync>

Error Shown in the mobile :

Last updated 2 seconds ago

Missed Items:

Subject:unknown

Received: unknown

This message couldn't be synced to your phone

Last tried 2 seconds ago

Error Code: 1

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:20 PM

Answers

• This is not related to the Sync Framework.

Please report/repost it to the Windows Phone Forums.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:25 AM