Streets and Trips 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Dell laptop N7110 with W7, Home Premium.   Just purchased S&T 2011 by download.  Installed with antiVirus off.  Everything seemed OK.  But I did not have a Short Cut on the desktop, only a file folder with a lot of folders and files.  I tried clicking on everything that looked like a likely but the program will not start.  I removed it and re-installed but the same situation.  When S&T 2011 first came out I got a disk and loaded onto previous computer and was never able to get it to work.  Now with this new computer I tried again.  Still no joy.  Anybody have an idea?
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

The program has installed fine, just the icon is not on your desktop. You can access the program via the Start menu. If you wish to then place a shortcut icon on the desktop, too, right-click the shortcut on the Start menu, and select to send it to the desktop.

Laptop GPS World

Sunday, June 3, 2012 12:23 AM
  • Thanks Marvin, That worked just fine.

Ken

Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:56 AM
  • Also having problems gettint S&T 2011 to open.  There is no icon in Start menu and I do get a window which says select a start program to open.  I could give you a screen shot if any way to attach to this forum.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 3:49 AM
  • Still struggling with this trying to open the free download.  tried reloading it to no avail.  No help or support online from MS, except a $35  charge for email question response.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 4:43 AM
  • Hi Tom,

This may be an issue different from what Ken experienced. If you want to attach a screen shot, you may do so at http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft forum. Start a new topic, describe the issue, and you are welcome to add pictures or other attachments.

Laptop GPS World

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:50 AM