Error saving a tracked appointment CRM 2016. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am having a problem in my CRM system, (Crm online 2016).

The problem arises when I track appointments into the CRM system with users (party) that do not exist in the CRM (red email text).

I am able to track into the CRM system fine but when I open up the appointment in CRM I get a message that there are unsaved changes, when I click the save icon I get an error.

<Message>Unable to get property 'argumentOutOfRange' of undefined or null reference</Message>
       <Line>5</Line>
       <URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=1137688215</URL>

First I tried disabling all javascripts and plugins and it did nothing for me, after digging a bit deeper I noticed that the unresloved individuals get a 19 digit number as partyid instead of the usual GUID, and after debugging further I found the following error dug somewhere deep 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' is not a valid GUID.

This seems to be something the CRM system adds on its own to the partyid, has anyone else encountered this problem, currently my users are unable to modify tracked appointments unless all the attendees are resolved in the CRM system.

Best regards

Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:09 AM

Answers

• After conferring with Microsoft support I was informed that this is a known issue and should be fixed in SP1 for 2016 (Springwave).

There are a couple of workarounds for those that are interested, to save changes you could go to CRM Fields in the appointment in outlook and save the change from there, the second workaround is to remove the dirty flag from the attendees fields, I am including a link to another issue regarding emails, there is a comment from wikap.dk about creating a javascript to fix this issue and I will include it here below, it needs to be edited to fit the appointment entity though.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/201875

//
    //
    // WIKAP CRM 2016 ERROR ON EMAIL FORM QUICK-FIX (FORM IS ALWAYS DIRTY)
    //
    //
    var FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1;
    var FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2;
    var FORM_TYPE_READ_ONLY = 3;
    var FORM_TYPE_DISABLED = 4;
    var FORM_TYPE_QUICK_CREATE = 5;
    var FORM_TYPE_BULK_EDIT = 6;OnLoad = function () {
    //
    //
    var formType = Xrm.Page.ui.getFormType();
    if (formType == FORM_TYPE_DISABLED) {