Data encryption Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Do u anybody know about DES
    Data Encryption Standard...
    Its my project
    Help me in this
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:25 AM

All replies

• I can help you in the project but please mention what you want to know about DES.

Please specify every detail because DES is a very big topic.

If you like my post please mark me as answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:50 AM
  • The Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) is a United States Federal Government standard or FIPS for digital signatures. It was proposed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in August 1991 for use in their Digital Signature Standard (DSS), specified in FIPS 186 [1], adopted in 1993. A minor revision was issued in 1996 as FIPS 186-1 [2], and the standard was expanded further in 2000 as FIPS 186-2 [3].

DSA is covered by U.S. Patent 5,231,668 , filed July 26, 1991, and attributed to David W. Kravitz, a former NSA employee. This patent was given to "The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of Commerce, Washington, D.C." and the NIST has made this patent available world-wide royalty-free. [4] Dr. Claus P. Schnorr claims that his U.S. Patent

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:31 AM
  •  Mathavan wrote:
    Do u anybody know about DES
    Data Encryption Standard...
    Its my project
    Help me in this

dear friend if u r CS student then we ppl have already studied about in Cryptography plz go through the book it will clear all ur doubts as explaining algos here it not feasible read "CRYPTOGRAPHY & N/W SECURITY BY WILLIAM STALLINGS"

best of luck....

Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:45 PM
  • Have u got any details about the DES...
     please help me in this aspect of DES
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:55 PM