joining a meeting from external as anonymous user -> issue asking me then for a domin user account RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to a Conference session using the latest release of the LM 2007 client.  I am connecting as an "anonymous" user using only a meeting ID and entry code and location.  After I enter the meeting ID, entry code, and location, then click Join, another authentication dialog pops up, asking me for Domain user and password!

I thougt that the three thinks to join a meeting as an anonymous user are ID, entry code and location. Why pops up the authentication dialog for a domain user? Whats wrong in my configuration.

OCS2007 SE on internal server, Edge servers on server in DMZ. External firewall is ISA2006.

Any Ideas.

thanks a lot

Joerg

Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:09 PM

All replies

•  

Did you select allow anonymous users?
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 3:07 PM
  • Yes, on the Edge server -> External user access -> allow anonymous user access

Monday, March 3, 2008 6:53 AM
  •  

I found Technet Artikel. I'm using certificates on the external edges from my internal CA. And this configuration seems to be not working.

You cannot invite anonymous participants to a Web conference in Communications Server 2007

Anonymous participants are individuals who are from outside your organization. These individuals do not have Active Directory directory service credentials. 

This issue may occur when Communications Server 2007 does not use public certificates. Public certificates are required for anonymous Web conferences in Communications Server 2007.

To resolve this issue, you must use public certificates on the external interface of an edge server in Communications Server 2007.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/938298/en-us

Did anyone agree?

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:43 PM
  • Yes, you have to use public certificates for that.  Not sure that this is your issue because our anonymous users received an error that told us that there was a problem with certificate.  You had something different.

In any case, yes, you have to have public certificate or you will have to send them your root certificate from your internal CA.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:23 PM
  • Do you have a username and password configured on the Live Meeting client user accounts page?
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:50 PM
  •  

our problem is, that our anonomyous users see an additional login dialog prompting for domain authentication before the livemeeting clientg starts.

for my tests I send my anonymous users our root certificate from our internal CA, but no luck.

Friday, March 7, 2008 5:47 AM
  • my anonymous users had a username configured on the Livemeeting client user accounts page! removing the account, now my anonymous users don't see the additional login dialog and can join the conference by entering meeting id, entry code and location.

Sure, because I'm using certificates from my private CA I have to send out the Root CA Certificate to my anonymous users.

thanks a lot for your support

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:28 AM