none
Paste code doesn't work properly RRS feed

Answers

• Yes, the new post editor is quite a disaster for IE users.  I don't see any efforts being made to solve these problems.  I can only recommend switching to FireFox, you can copy and paste code without problems and without having to use the "Insert Code Block" feature.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by vtortola Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:24 PM

All replies

• Yes, the new post editor is quite a disaster for IE users.  I don't see any efforts being made to solve these problems.  I can only recommend switching to FireFox, you can copy and paste code without problems and without having to use the "Insert Code Block" feature.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by vtortola Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:24 PM
  • I'm Firefox user, I could paste code before, but since some days ago I have that problem in Firefox.

What really disturb me, is that the company that manufacture the tools for develop software is unable to make a forum work, or able to launch new releases with these kind of bugs.

Anyway, I hope they solve this problem soon, because if you cannot paste code properly in a software development forum... 

Cheers.

.: Valeriano Tórtola :.: http://www.vtortola.net :.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:34 PM
  • Nothing changed in the forums software in the past few weeks.  I personally have no trouble at all pasting code with FF 3.0.x, I can't imagine what might be wrong with yours.  Do avoid the Insert Code Block feature.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by vtortola Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Hi All,

We're looking into this issue and able to repro using the "Insert Code Block" for XML. However, other formats such as C# and HTML renders just fine. See sample thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnsandbox/thread/7ac843a6-7652-4667-a4d8-abd0d53c5e8f

Forgot to mention that I'm using IE 8.

Also, I did notice that when you edit a post with embedded code, it adds an extra line space in between. We'll bug this.

Thanks.

- Don
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:04 AM
  • FYI... I've talked to the Forums team and we're looking at a fix for editing the post with embedded code such that it doesn't add an extra line space.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:52 PM
  • There are two distinct things here.

1. The intermittent code formatting/has code will be fixed in the May release. As test discovered, it had to do with replying and including code.

2. The Edit Post case. This will also be fixed in the May release. We will now, upon edit, pull down the unformatted body and use that for the editor content.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    http://twitter.com/robjoh
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:54 PM