none
MCP transcript sharing - no transcript id generated RRS feed

• Question

• I passed my first MCTS yesterday and now have access to my transcript and certificate.

When I attempt to share my transcript, I am asked to provide an access code (which I can do), but the transcript id is not generated; instead it simply shows <Auto Generated>:

MCP transcript sharing form with no transcript id

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It might be a but, but perhaps the transcript ID has not yet propagated through the system. You can try to view your transcript and see if the transcript ID shows up (mine shows up on the top of the first page when I view/download the transcript.)

If not, give it a couple of days. For newly certified people, the typical guidance is to give the process about a week to get sorted out. If it does not resolve, please contact the Regional Service center for your country or region. Provide them with your MC ID, the screen shot that you shared, etc. They should be able to resolve the situation. Here is the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx

By the way, congratulations on passing the exam!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It might be a but, but perhaps the transcript ID has not yet propagated through the system. You can try to view your transcript and see if the transcript ID shows up (mine shows up on the top of the first page when I view/download the transcript.)

If not, give it a couple of days. For newly certified people, the typical guidance is to give the process about a week to get sorted out. If it does not resolve, please contact the Regional Service center for your country or region. Provide them with your MC ID, the screen shot that you shared, etc. They should be able to resolve the situation. Here is the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx

By the way, congratulations on passing the exam!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:28 PM
  • Hi, Sir Crispalot.

The first time you set up your Access Code, it automatically generates your Transcript Id.

You get to this screen when you log into the MCP site and click the link reading Share your transcript near the bottom of the web page.

A transcript ID should then be created.

Afterwards, if anyone wants to see your transcript, they must enter both pieces of data on the following web page, accessible to the general public:
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/Anonymous/Transcript/Validate

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:38 PM
    Answerer
  • @Mike - thanks for your reply.  I will just give it a week and see if it has appeared.  If not I'll do as you say and contact my regional service centre.

@Davin - I'm not sure you quite read my question fully. I have done as you said, but as you can see in the image I originally attached it does not automatically generate a transcript id; instead it shows the string <Auto Generated>.  I will follow Mike's advice and just wait for it all to sort itself out.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:12 AM