Mixed envirnonment of LCS/OCS RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are running a mixed environment of LCS 2005 Sp1 and OCS 2007.  For the Communicator program, how do we run different versions of the communicator adm file (2005 and 2007)?  Our network configuration does not allow for autodiscorver so we have to specify the server/pools in the adm file to allow the clients to connect.

Since it appears the adm file for both versions uses the same registry keys, how can we have both server settings in the GPO?  If we run two different GPO's one will just override the other one.

We have read the docs but can't find a answer to this question.

Thanks,

Greg 

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg...

You cannot use .adm files in a "mixed OCS / LCS" environment.

you can deploy policies by specific users that use LCS and other to OCS....

You cannot have one .adm file to all versions of LCS/OCS....

Regards,

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:44 PM
  • So, if we have a large number of LCS users, receiving settings via GP, we will have to upgrade to OCS an entire OU at a time, in order to be able to change the GP settings appropriately, right?

I've been able to use both the 2005 adm and the 2007 adm, but find that the settings "step on" on another.  Comm 05 will pick up the 07 settings and vice versa. So the OU by OU procedure seems the most obvious to me, but I wanted to verify there wasn't something I was missing.

Thanks,

Lyle Willetts

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:38 PM