Integration Custom database with MS CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I need to save the information stored in the custom entities in to a custom database. similary if i select a marketing list using a lookup in the custom entity and save the members of that marketing list also should be saved in custom database automatically(synchonization should be done automatically)

similarly if change the status values in the custom database those should be synchronized with ms crm database.

please guide me in achieving this 

Monday, May 31, 2010 6:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Nivask.

You can use triggers in custom DB to handle data change and pass changes to CRM through CRM webservices.

If you want to save data from CRM in custom DB you should develop plugins on Create, Update, SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity and pass data to your custom DB.

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Monday, May 31, 2010 6:57 AM
  • I came to know that there are  performance issues calling webservices from triggers as it is synchronous is it correct..are there any other ways through which i can achieve the goal.

Please suggest the best method.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:39 AM
  • You dont have to use webservices in triggers. The aim of trigger is only to aware your application (it can be windows service for example) what record needs to be synchronized by putting its record id into intermediate database. Then you can shedule your service to read IDs from intermediate database and sync data with CRM.

In other way synchronization is almost the same - you collect IDs with help of CRM plugins and service updates secondary system.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 6:43 AM