Docking? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to make similar tab like "Computers & backup" - toolbar and listview below, but when I use the following code, the behaviour is not correct:

topBar.Dock = DockStyle.Top;

ListView = new FancyListView();

ListView.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

from MSDN - Fill option - Fills all remaining space in the form

- so, I think that listview should be docked below toolbar, but it's docked on the whole painting area and part of listview is covered by toolbar. Maybe I missed something (I'm novice in windows forms programming)... But how can I dock the listview in the same style like on "Computers & backup"?

Many thanks for your responses!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:03 PM

All replies

• Try creating a Panel with the size that gets passed into your HomeServerTabExtender, and add & dock your ListView to that.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:35 PM
  • This should get it...

Code Snippet        public HomeServerTabExtender(int width, int height, IConsoleServices consoleServices)
            {

this.width = width;
                this.height = height;
                this.services = consoleServices;

tabControl = new Panel();
                tabControl.Width = width;
                tabControl.Height = height;

tabControl.Controls.Add(
    ListView.);

}

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:51 PM
  • thanks to all, it makes sense, but the problem is when I need to dock 2 or more component (e.g. toolbar and list view). I can make

following code to simulate docking:

ListView.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(topBar.Location.X, topBar.Size.Height); // topBar is my toolbar object and listview is my list view object

ListView.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(width, height - topBar.Size.Height);

ListView.Dock = DockStyle.None;

but I'm not sure whether it's clear solution, I think that DockStyle.Top (for toolbar) and DockStyle.Fill (for list view) should make it internally. But maybe I'm wrong...

many thanks!

Friday, June 15, 2007 1:02 PM
  •  czPaul wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to make similar tab like "Computers & backup" - toolbar and listview below, but when I use the following code, the behaviour is not correct:

topBar.Dock = DockStyle.Top;

from MSDN - Fill option - Fills all remaining space in the form

- so, I think that listview should be docked below toolbar, but it's docked on the whole painting area and part of listview is covered by toolbar. Maybe I missed something (I'm novice in windows forms programming)... But how can I dock the listview in the same style like on "Computers & backup"?

Many thanks for your responses!

It sounds like you have the Z-Order incorrect on your child controls. Try reversing the order you add the 2 child controls to the parent control

Try both:

Code Snippet

this.Controls.Add(tabBar);

this.Controls.Add(ListView);

and

Code Snippet

this.Controls.Add(ListView);

this.Controls.Add(tabBar);

Hope this helps

Jay

Friday, June 15, 2007 5:20 PM