none
Unable to search Exchange forums RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have logged in to the partner Exchange forums and when I use the search I get "Unexpected Result" returned on the page. I am unable to use the search tool to search for previous posts which may answer the issue I'm having. I dont want to post a new post until I have already at least searched all the older posts.

This happens in Firefox and IE it doesnt make a difference.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:46 PM

Answers

• Yes, the private search is something that we will be looking at in the coming months. It is somewhat difficult to maintain long term and when the errors happen, it is not easy to diagnose. Failures, if and when they happen, should be sporadic and temporary. This is certainly on our radar though of things to re evaluate and address as we move forward.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:08 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Thanks for the report, I cannot reproduce this now? Can you try again and let me know the URL you are searching from and the string you are using to reproduce the problem? When you get the error, what happens when you F5 (refresh)?

Private search does have it's problems, it is something we want to address in the coming months.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:18 AM
    Answerer
  • I just tried a search for "Outlook 2011" in:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnermsgexchange/threads

And it worked now. I guess it was just an isolated incident the other day with search not working. (I recieved that unexpected result message then)

Thanks

Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Yes, the private search is something that we will be looking at in the coming months. It is somewhat difficult to maintain long term and when the errors happen, it is not easy to diagnose. Failures, if and when they happen, should be sporadic and temporary. This is certainly on our radar though of things to re evaluate and address as we move forward.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:08 PM
    Answerer