Deploy on Windows XP Pro OS? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Has anyone deployed demo apps or small apps onto a machine running XP instead of a server 2003 OS?

It looks like it would work ok for a demo app.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:21 PM

Answers

•  

Yes.  There should be no problems with attempting to run Speech Server 2007 apps on XP Pro.  Understand however, that you are limited to two ports (i.e. telephone lines).

kstep

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:20 PM

All replies

•  

Yes.  There should be no problems with attempting to run Speech Server 2007 apps on XP Pro.  Understand however, that you are limited to two ports (i.e. telephone lines).

kstep

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:20 PM
  • Thanks k,

I now remember hearing or reading about the 2-port limit for XP.  Do you know if this is documented anywhere?  I looked in the release notes and also the ss documentation from another install I have on w2k3.

The two ports would be fine for demos.  I don't know about anyone going live - they couldn't increase traffic without an upgrade to the OS.

Phil.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Hi Phil,

I don't know specifically where the two port limit is spelled out in the documentation, but you will qickly see there is a limit when you try to make more than two concurrent calls, or if for some reason the two ports are not released during testing.

And you are correct, XP is only good for Proof of concept, demos and development.

Take Care

kstep

Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:40 PM