none
Looking for a WindowsSystems Administration Class RRS feed

• Question

• I have been a Unix (HP-UX, Linux, AIX, Solaris) Systems Administrator for 22 years and am transitioning to a rols as Windows Administrator.  What classes would be the first I should register for?  I see on microsoft.com "6419: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers",but the prereq says "At least one year experience operating Windows Servers in the area of account management, server maintenance, server monitoring, or server security" and I don't have that.  The purpose here is for me to become the 2nd Windows Admin to an existing Windows Admin.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Bob ,

I think you should start with Windows Server 2008 and get the training for the Exam 70-640, 70-642 and 70-646 because with passing these exams you will not even get the MCITP (Server Admin 2008) also you will get alot of basic knowledge about Windows Operating System and Active Directory and if you want to be 2nd Admin thats mean you have an Administrator in your Site so he will also help you in addition TechNet is the best resource ever I found in my life for help and support.

So I hope you will get my point that what I want to say.

One more thing I will suggest you the CBTs which are the best resources for technical training and configuration.

And also one more thing that if you are working for last 22 years so you should have a great knowledge about networks and protocols so I hope you will cover all the topics very fast.

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:37 PM