Dashboard won't launch RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought WHS a week ago and noticed today that the dashboard won't launch anymore. I have no Add-ins installed (only the default Microsoft supplied Add-ins). Below is an entry in the event viewer. Any ideas?

Faulting application name: Dashboard.exe, version: 6.1.8800.16385, time stamp: 0x4d6ed249

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e21213c

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000000cacd

Faulting process id: 0x108c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc57cdcac57cc8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\Dashboard.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 1c2f910e-c3c1-11e0-874d-003018a56cc8

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:31 PM

All replies

• I went to the windows update site and there were .NET updates available. I downloaded and installed the newest updates to .NET and the system re-botted. I tried to run dashboard again and it still doesn't work. Here is a more detailed report from the event viewer. I'm not a very experienced windows, .NET, C#, or WPF programmer, but this event looks like a coding problem in the Dashboard. Is anyone else having trouble with the dashboard?

Application: Dashboard.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderException

Stack:

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProductConfigurator._CreateProxyEndpoint(System.Uri, System.Type, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderEndpointBehaviorAttribute)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.Internal.ProviderFrameworkConfigurator.GetDuplexChannelFactory[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.ServiceModel.Description.IEndpointBehavior>, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderInfo, System.Object, System.Net.NetworkCredential)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderRegistryConnectionMgmt`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]._CreateChannel(System.String, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.IRegistryCallback, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderEndpointBehaviorAttribute)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderRegistryConnectionMgmt`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]._GetFactory(System.String, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.IRegistryCallback, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderEndpointBehaviorAttribute)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderRegistryConnectionMgmt`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]._CreateRealProxy()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.Internal.AutoReconnecter`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]._BeginConnect()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderRegistryConnectionMgmt`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ConnectWhenAvailable(Int32, System.Action, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.IRegistryCallback)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ConnectorFactory.get__PrsProxy()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ConnectorFactory.SetupConnector[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ProviderConnector`1<System.__Canon>)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.ConnectorFactory.GetConnector[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String, System.Object)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.NetworkHealth.AlertFramework.AlertManager..ctor(Boolean, System.Threading.SynchronizationContext)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.NetworkHealth.AlertFramework.NetworkAlertManager..ctor(Boolean, System.Threading.SynchronizationContext)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Console.Controls.SubtabBar.AlertButton.InitHealthStatus()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Console.Controls.SubtabBar.AlertButton.Initialize()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Controls.Subtab.SubtabBar.AddStandardContent()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Controls.Subtab.SubtabBar..ctor()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.TabControlFactory.CreateSubtabBar()

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.TabControlFactory.CreateTabControl(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.IComponent)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.MainForm.RenderContent(System.Object)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Program.Main()

Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:24 AM
  • This happened to me late last night.

I don't have the answer for you, but after the "Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 based Systems" was pushed out late last night, several things happened.

1/ All 6 PC's and both of my WHS 2011 boxes downloaded and installed this update (among others) - Note I have 5 PC's to 1 WHS and 1PC to 1 WHS.

2/ All of the "System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0 - Performance Counter" errors in the Event Viewer disappeared, stopped occurring on bootup.

3/ All PC's had the problem launching the dashboard.  None would launch.

What did I do, I shut everything down, every switch, router, cable modem and started it back up starting with the cable modem, router, switches, servers, pc's, then printers, in that order.

Everything works.  FWIW.

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:33 AM