One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I have 9 systems in a training lab - with 3 OneCare circles. I had to uninstall/re-install OneCare from one machine and now I can't get that system linked back to the original circle. It always wants me to subscribe again. We still have a year left on current subscription.

Friday, May 16, 2008 8:36 PM

Answers

• On the computer where you reinstalled, open One Care, select "Subscribe", follow the prompts and when asked to enter a Live ID, use the Live ID associated with the subscription used on the two other computers in the One Care circle. Your subscription should be recognized and One Care should activate.

Friday, May 16, 2008 11:57 PM

All replies

• On the computer where you reinstalled, open One Care, select "Subscribe", follow the prompts and when asked to enter a Live ID, use the Live ID associated with the subscription used on the two other computers in the One Care circle. Your subscription should be recognized and One Care should activate.

Friday, May 16, 2008 11:57 PM
  • You should be able to click on Subscribe and sign in with the LiveID for the subscription of the Circle you are rejoining. Open OneCare on one of the other PCs in that Circle and click Help/About to see the LiveID.

If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:06 AM