It's been a long time since they have updated WLOC. Will there be a new build version soon to fix bugs..etc RRS feed

• Question

• Breaking the habits

I think It's been a long time since they have updated WLOC with a new version to fix minor bugs, major ones, improved usability. Will there be a new build version soon to fix bugs..etc... I think WLOC user will be much happier if they see that WLOC is being updated. I just think the motto "If it ain't broke don't fix it" does not apply to security software or any software because we know that software has full of it and the only thing to deal with it is to update it. In WLOC case no new build since when?
    Monday, March 24, 2008 10:47 PM

Answers

• Well, the 2.0 release was around the middle of November and I believe that there have been 3 builds released since then, perhaps 4. I expect that we'll see a few minor builds released over the next few months, and probably a more major bug fix release by Summer, if the pattern holds true as over the past few years. I would then expect the next big release, 3.0 probably, early in 2009.

Of course, that is all speculation on my part. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:51 AM

All replies

• Well, the 2.0 release was around the middle of November and I believe that there have been 3 builds released since then, perhaps 4. I expect that we'll see a few minor builds released over the next few months, and probably a more major bug fix release by Summer, if the pattern holds true as over the past few years. I would then expect the next big release, 3.0 probably, early in 2009.

Of course, that is all speculation on my part. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:51 AM
  • What is the latest version of WLOC? just want to make sure that i have latest one. I'm looking at the website and I can't find the version.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:04 AM
  • I think it's also important to point out that the most recent build was released primarily in preparation for the impending Windows Vista SP1, which has itself just been released. Unless there are other fixes required to support the release of Windows XP SP3, I'd expect the results of these significant changes to the supported OS versions to keep the attention of the 'fixes' group over the next few months.

I'm sure that in the background the intentions for the next major version are always being developed, but as you mentioned, it's important to stabilize the current version before making the next set of major changes to the product. Steve mentioned the general flow of product development, but since major service packs only come along every two years or so on average this is likely to affect the schedule over the short term.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:13 AM
  •  greenicon wrote:
    What is the latest version of WLOC? just want to make sure that i have latest one. I'm looking at the website and I can't find the version.

The web site still doesn't show the latest version information at the build level.

Currently, the latest is 2.0.2500.22

-steve

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:06 PM