OCS 2007 SE Install within environment running LCS 2005... RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to set up a VM running OCS 2007 SE to do some testing - mainly for the PBX integration...

Could this affect my production LCS 2005 setup? I wouldn't want to have to redo all of that just to test 2007...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:00 PM

Answers

• I have LCS 2005 Enterprise running in production, also with OCS Standard 2007 in a production envirionment and the two work well together. In fact users dont notice when they get moved between the two environments. We originally planned just to kill the LCS environment, but the way it's worked means we can take our time.

Just dont enable the enhanced presense on any user!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Also, verify you have installed the patches listed on this post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1646092&SiteID=57

Monday, June 4, 2007 9:53 PM

All replies

• I have LCS 2005 Enterprise running in production, also with OCS Standard 2007 in a production envirionment and the two work well together. In fact users dont notice when they get moved between the two environments. We originally planned just to kill the LCS environment, but the way it's worked means we can take our time.

Just dont enable the enhanced presense on any user!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Nigel is correct, OCS 2007 and LCS 2005 will co-exist quite well. There are some changes made to AD when you install 2007 but it won't stop LCS. Also like Nigel said, do not enable enhanced presence on any user that you might want to revert back to LCS, they will not be able to use LCS once you have done so.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:48 PM
  • How do I make sure "enhanced presence" will not be enabled? Is it simply a tick box on the users account?

Forgive my lack of knowledge - I'm trying to get through MS's E-Learning classes for OCS, but it's hard to put 2.5 hours aside to do them...

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:03 PM
  • During the Configure Users for Communications wizard, there is a check box for Enable Enhanced Presence, just never check that box until you are ready to move that user to OCS 2007.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:57 PM
  • Also, verify you have installed the patches listed on this post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1646092&SiteID=57

Monday, June 4, 2007 9:53 PM