The restore process did not succeed. This driver has been blocked from loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to restore a pc with a corrupted Win7 64bit install on it. Yesterday, I performed a full system restore and this morning, on rebooting the system, it appears that the problems with the OS were existing on the backups also (lots of missing dll messages). So, I decided to do a clean install from disk. Now, when I try to get the files and folders back from the server, I get the above message. Now I did see this error yesterday when I first tried to look at the backup on the server for the faulty machine from my laptop and the only way I could get around it was to put the faulty machine back online.

Is there no way I can access the files and folders in the backup on the server without the machine they came from being connected? Any help appreciated as I am getting very frustrated by this.

Thanks

LL

Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:37 PM

Answers

• Try this:

Rapport Altitude
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by Jonathan Dale Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:58 PM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• Is there no way I can access the files and folders in the backup on the server without the machine they came from being connected? Any help appreciated as I am getting very frustrated by this.

That should not be a problem as it's part of the built in restore functionality. If you run restore from a backup on a different machine, WHS gives you a suggested restore location on the local machine.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Thanks Phil, but if I understand you correctly, that is exactly what I am doing when I get this error. Let me try and explain a bit better.

Machine A = Dead and rebuilt with fresh OS.

Machine B = My desktop where (through the dashboard) I am trying to access the files and folders in the backup of machine A to restore them to the rebuilt machine A

That's when I get the message.

With a bit of further googling, I found this http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/windowsbackup/thread/0d8bbbf2-6d05-4a7b-84cd-771ae4c38541

I have Rapport installed on machine B and so I tried with a 3rd machine and hey prest - it works! Sadly, I have no idea how to fix the "altitude" issue stated in the link above. Could anybody help?

Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:30 AM
  • Try this:

Rapport Altitude
    • Marked as answer by Jonathan Dale Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:58 PM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Many thanks Phil - that's the solution!!
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:58 PM