Stopping task "LoSBackupWake" running in WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I stop "LoSBackupWake" task from running each day @ 12am?

I've attempted to delete, modify, disable the task, but it always  reappears after re-booting my server.

Thanks

James

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:13 AM

All replies

• Do you have LightsOut installed on your server - the process comes fro that software, not WHS.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Yes I have LightsOut installed on my server. But I can't see any setting in LightsOut that would be running this task.

James

Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

LightsOut is a 3rd party software which is manufactured by company that is independent of Microsoft. Please contact the software’s provider/developer/supporter to confirm the details.

As you mentioned, if this task will be created automatically after deleting it manually, if it is not in used, you may consider of delete/remove this software form your system.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

You can click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:52 AM