Windows Live Mesh Multiple Users RRS feed

• Question

• I am an old Mesh user when it was the original Mesh.  I am now using Windows Live Mesh 2011 Build 15.4.  I am so confused with the changing name that I can't tell what forum I am supposed to be using. 

I miss one aspect of Mesh.  The ability to right-click a folder and add it to the Mesh, which in turn meant that when I went to a folder being synced there was the mesh icon and the mesh window.  Please bring that back.  Now it is hard to add folders and know what is in the mesh.

My big problem is that I am trying to sync folders on 5 computers.  I want the ability to remotely connect each computer, but I don't want to leave myself signed in to all of the computers and I don't want to leave my username and password saved on those computers.  With old Mesh this wasn't an issue.  Now it seems like I have no choice but to leave myself signed in on all five computers and anyone that uses those computers has access to my live account.  Please tell me if there is a way around this.

Thank you.

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:45 AM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum - and, yes, it is terribly confusing. It is nice to have the name live on, but during the transition, it is confusing.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any way around this with Windows Live Mesh. Remote connections require that the client be signed in with the same LiveID.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 24, 2011 12:24 PM