Having issues with OFX update not associating correct ticker to a stock RRS feed

• Question

• Currently at the sunset version. I have over 20 stock tickers that are having issues updating. The update itself is working and I see the Dummy Account asking to verify positions, but Money is not able to actually find the ticker.  

Example, I have Abbot Labs (ABT) - so in the review investment activity screen, it asks to select the investment from the drop down menu or add as a new investment.  I do not see it in the drop down list. If I try and add it as new, it says it already exists and select it from the drop down menu.  If I change the name to add new, it removes the symbol from the real one in my portfolio.

Now, that I have two, if I try and go to the details of the exiting Abbot Labs and use the 'combine with' I still don't see it in the drop down list.  Then I noticed, the stock was listed as mutual fund (and it hit me that I'm only seeing mutual funds in the list). However, if I try and change it to stock, it won't let me - I get a message that it includes investments not supported by this type (I only Buy transactions and Reinvest Dividends). So no idea how to fix that other than to redo all my transactions to the new listing.

Before I mess up the next 23 investments, how do I ensure the 'updating of stock prices'?

Monday, January 27, 2014 3:01 PM

All replies

• Are you using PocketSense with Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe?

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:10 AM
  • I am not using PocketSense.

The issue may be resolved - I restored from a backup copy and ran the update again and it was fine. Although, it concerns me why it decided to flag my stock tickers as mutual funds.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:09 PM
  • I am glad that is working. It is also great that you had a suitable backup file to restore.

I will next guess you are downloading an OFX or QFX file from your broker then, and that is where the quotes come from. Did I get it right? Otherwise, you use hleOFXquotes.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:37 PM
  • I am also very interested to know how you update stocks and funds quotes into MS Money....
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Sorry I missed this - yes, I'm using hleOFXquotes.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 2:38 PM
  • Sorry I missed this - yes, I'm using hleOFXquotes.
    Try going to the Details for ABT, and see if you can change the Investment Type from Mutual Fund to Stock.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 2:52 PM
  • If I try and change it, it says it already exists - which it does since it had ABT as stock and ABT as mutual fund.  Either way, since restoring backup it has been working flawless so not sure what happened.
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:55 PM