Unable to Export or delete entities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made some snapshots for entites for eg. i have one loan entity for that i have made loan snapshot and have created some relationship(n:1).after that i am not able to export the customizations. it throws error that "the attribute already exists create a new", seeing this i m deleting but still not getting deleted.the default icons are also not coming for these entities.can u please help me , how can i proceed further.

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you are having issues deleting, look at the relationships you have made and wherever you have published lookup attributes on the forms and views on either side of the relationships (loan entity or the other entity), remove these lookup attributes from the forms and views, publish the loan and other entity, then you should be able to delete the loan entity without error.

In terms of exporting, if you have an entity with relationships to another entity, I suggest you export both entities at the same time. That way the relationships will be preserved when you re-import and hopefully you won't receive error messages.

Hope that helps,

Rob
    CRM4 MBSS
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:13 PM
  • HI,

look at this kb article from microsoft for further informations
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947096
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:59 PM