WHS Toolkit should have repair tools as well RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have found WHS Toolkit quite useful. however it only contains tools for scanning and reporting problems.

i think it'd be great if this toolkit also include tools for finding and reparing current problems WHS users are having, until a final fix arrives. even then it'll be needed to find and repair WHS for existing users.

for example there's no tool to automatically find and remove files with "missing both shadow copies" problem with one click.

best,

// chall3ng3r //
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 3:17 AM

Answers

• To be honest, if you're not comfortable fixing errors found in the results of a storage analysis on your own, you probably should only run the analysis when someone else tells you to do so, someone who will be able to help you fix any problems found. That said, some tools that can fix a few of the more common issues would be nice... Smile
    Monday, January 28, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• I have to say that I agree with that one.  The repair portion of the toolkit needs to be part of it.  It is kind of scary to run storage analysis and the try to figure out how to fix it.

Monday, January 28, 2008 4:23 PM
  • To be honest, if you're not comfortable fixing errors found in the results of a storage analysis on your own, you probably should only run the analysis when someone else tells you to do so, someone who will be able to help you fix any problems found. That said, some tools that can fix a few of the more common issues would be nice... Smile
    Monday, January 28, 2008 7:30 PM