Report/chart by Parent Subjects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Does anyone know of a way to create summary level reports/charts where for example, Case record counts can be rolled up to their parent subject? Is this something that can be done out of the box?

Damian

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Damian,

Grouping is possible using the OOB report wizard. The wizard allows summary types like Average, MAx, Min, Sum Percentage of total. If you are looking at custom values (calculations) for summary then you could build a simple SSRS report.

Same goes with the charts. OOB report wizard supports bar, line and pie charts that should be good to get you started. 

You can also refer the below posts

http://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/magnetismsolutionscrmblog/archive/2012/11/29/crm-report-wizard-the-foundation-for-custom-reports.aspx#.Uhzax_nVDgc

http://dynamicsuniversity.com/blog/report-wizard-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011

Hope this helps!

if my response answered your question, please mark it as an answer and also vote as helpful.

Mamta

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Hi Mamta,

Thanks for the response.

I'm specifically interested in summarizing by the Subject tree. So for example my subject tree has three levels. Most of my cases are associated with a subject at the lower tier of my subject tree.

Example: Parent Subject = Pension; Child Subjects =  Retiree Pensions, Salaried Pensions, Union Pensions.

All my case records are categorized in the Subject field with a Child Subject category.

I want to create a summary level report in CRM that will group all my case records by the Parent subject.

Is this possible?

Damian

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Damian,

What you are looking for is possible. I just tried it in a sample org. Below are the screenshots that can help you understand the way I did it

Create a new report using the wizard, select primary entity as Cases. I had left the default filter criteria as iit is. In the Layout fields, Add Grouping ->

Add another grouping on subject, column-> subject and summary type count. After this add some columns on the report. The layout will look like below

I just selected table format and completed the wizard. ON running the report I have cases grouped by parent subject and also the next level

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:00 PM
  • THe layout image got cropped. Adding it here

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful' on my responses

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:07 PM