CRM 4 CTP Installation error... RRS feed

• Question

• Team - I've a web server [win2k3 ] and a sql box 2k5 with sp2 and reporting services up and running fine. While I try to install the CRM CTP version....it throws the below error. Any help or clue about it would be great!!!

"the following permissions are required for OU and all child objects:read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active directory OU=XXXX domain =XXXX

I  created a service account on the respective active directory and used that A/c to install the application. Any idea how to fix it?

thanks...

Friday, November 2, 2007 12:22 PM

Answers

•  

The installation account should have the Domain Administrator rights.
    Monday, November 5, 2007 2:57 PM

All replies

• No stunning idea I'm afraid. I'd check the AD permissions are fine, and that replication is working across domain controllers (if applicable).

Otherwise, as Beta code, it's always possible the setup program is doing a few other AD checks that it's not telling you about, so I'd try the install under an account with Domain Admin and/or Enterprise Admin privileges

Friday, November 2, 2007 7:18 PM
  •  

The installation account should have the Domain Administrator rights.
    Monday, November 5, 2007 2:57 PM
  • To add to Denis' posting, the installation account isn't necessarily required to be a domain admin.  The account must have a minimum of; read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights on the OU you wish to install to.  Also, when you set these permissions be sure to apply to "This object and all child objects".

Sunday, November 11, 2007 3:55 PM
  • Here is the information from CRM implementation guide:

The user installing Microsoft CRM must be granted the following privileges as a minimum:  

1. Be able to create objects within the Active Directory® Organizational Unit (OU) that is the target

parent OU for installing Microsoft CRM. 

2. Local Administrator on Microsoft SQL Server™. 

3. IIS Server local Administrator privilege. 

4. Local Administrator on the computer where Microsoft CRM is to be installed. 

5. If Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is on a computer that is not running Microsoft CRM

Server or Microsoft SQL Server, the user must be a content manager at the root folder level, and

a System Administrator at the Site Wide Setting level.

Monday, November 12, 2007 10:36 PM
  • I was able to get this to work without making the account a domain administrator. 

I gave the crmadmin account full rights to the AD OU for "This object and child objects" but still got the same error.  I got it working by rebooting the server and logging in to the server with the crmadmin account and then rerunning the installation.  I also made sure that the account was a local admin before the reboot.

I suspect that the reboot forced the account to reauthenticate with the domain during the installation and this is when it got the new permissions that I had given the account to the OU.

Jeh
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:48 PM