none
C++ OpenGL Compiling, but not running

Question

• (I hope this is in the right forum, not really sure of the best place for it)

Hi, I am a 2nd year Computer Science student trying to teach myself C++ and OpenGL. I've gone through all the steps to fin the right IDE and libraries to get it all up and running. I'm using Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10 x64, because of this I ran into a few trials but persevered.

Anyway, I'm getting the classic (0xc000007b) error. I've tried all the basic steps: Running both the compiled .exe and VS as Admin, Checked all the C++ Redistributes, etc.

So, I stumbled over Dependency Walker and it is saying my is having an error opening API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL and many other "API-MS-WIN-CORE" DLLs. I tried reinstalling the Windows SDK that they supposedly come from, but I've had no luck. Am I overlooking something here or is this problem as much of a pain as I think it is?

• Moved by Jamles Hez Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:12 AM
    Sunday, September 13, 2015 1:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tervance,

I don't know if your opengl build well. Is there any problem if create a simple test project with VS 2015 and OpenGL?

How do you build your application, win32 or x64? Does your application used some incorrect version dlls? I could find dll like API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder. Do these dlls exist in the folder? I guess you may build a x64 application but use some directories with 32 bits dlls.

Hope this helps.

Shu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:07 AM
  • Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?forum=vcgeneral%2Cvssetup&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 4, 2015 12:54 AM