Uninstall virus, spyware protection from Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I want to uninstall the virus, spyware protection software from Live OneCare so I can install McAffee virus protection.

Also I tried to install Adobe Photoshop Elements but was uncessful and was told by and Adobe technician that the problem was with Live OneCare blocking the install.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Carill-Ina, you can't uninstall individual modules from One Care you can only uninstall the entire program. One Care should not be the cause of Photoshop Elements installation failure. To check this you can turn off One Care antivirus then try to install Photoshop Elements.
    Jim
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:19 AM
  • Thank you for responding.  The Live OneCare antivirus and spyware subscriptions have expired and I haven't renewed them so I assumed it wasn't affecting the install. But I will try in the morning.

Should I be able to install McAffee Antivirus on my computer with Live OneCare still active except the antivirus and spyware which have expired.  I like OneCare but it costs $49 to renew and McAffee is free with my internet service.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:49 AM
  • You will need to uninstall One Care before you install McAfee. Although your One Care subscription has expired One Care will continue to scan and this will cause issues with other antivirus products. I recommend uninstalling One Care and then running the One Care install cleanup tool before installing McAfee. Install cleanup tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943 
    Jim
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:53 AM
  • Thank you Jim - I appreciate your help.

Carill Ina
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:05 PM
  • You are very welcome. I'm sorry to see you leaving One Care.
    Jim
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:25 PM