Live meeting 2007 Conferencing Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi;

While trying to schedule a live meeting through outlook , I got 2 issues that came up:

1 -  I cannot see the scheduled meeting on my calender , nor the person that I sent it to can.

2 - I got the following error message:" The connection to the server could not be made.This might be because there's a server outage or because the information in the Live Meeting user accounts is incorrect or improperly formatted. Check that the user account information is correct and then test the connection.If you still can't connect,the server might not be available . To keep your meeing in sync with the server, do not make any changes to this invitation until you have verified a successful connetion to the server and then closed and reopened this invitation."

I tested the connection and it works fine and my account setting is correct.

Any suggestions.

Thanks  

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam, have you found a resolution for this error. We received it for the first time today after using OLM 2007 for four months. My preliminary guess is the associate is coming over VPN and perhaps we have a port blocked. We are still investigating it.

Thanks.

--
    Tim Wilson
    bmtjedi@gmail.com
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:03 PM
  • What version of the add-in do you have installed?

The latest version can be downloaded from the following site..

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=XT102382121033&CTT=5&Origin=HA102368901033
    • Proposed as answer by Jacky F. _ Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:08 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Hi Tim;

Yes,  what i did though is uninstall live meeting and reinstall it again. then i went to the meeting options and clicked on the button that says: " Attendee Free Entry" also i unchecked the telephone conferencing ( which has nothing to do with anything i assume )  , and voila it worked.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:43 PM
  • I have this same problem and have spent hours on the phone with Live Meeting Level 2 tech support.
    Have uninstalled, deleted reg entries, DLLs, reinstalled, disabled firewalls, etc, etc. Unable to find a cure.
    Using Add-in 8.0.6362.114 (Dec 2008) under fully patched Vista Business with Microsoft OneCare AV/Firewall.

This is bad enough that when our LiveMeeting contract is up in three months, we will be moving to another provider.
    (We are demoing Adobe Connect and it's the likely contender).

Anyone have other advice as to how to fix it or alternative conferencing providers?
    Friday, February 6, 2009 5:31 PM
  • I also have this issue. Only occurs when selecting 'Schedule a Live Meeting' or 'Schedule a conference Call'

Bizzare really, as soon as i click ok on the error the meeting info appears  which I can send to other users and nobody actually has a problem joining the meetings. Just want this to go away.

Tim, where about can i find " Attendee Free Entry" have looked within the addin and on the livemeeting client itself for 'meeting options'

Thanks

Felix
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:52 AM

• i also have the same issue and solved it by installing SP3 for Microsoft Office 2003

Thanks
    Sharad
    Friday, April 10, 2009 11:08 PM
  • Hi Tim;

Yes,  what i did though is uninstall live meeting and reinstall it again. then i went to the meeting options and clicked on the button that says: " Attendee Free Entry" also i unchecked the telephone conferencing ( which has nothing to do with anything i assume )  , and voila it worked.

Hi Sam,

I know this was a while ago, but can you give me some more details as to how this worked for you? Why does this solve the issue?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:49 PM