Money 2002 - Options for the future RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Money 2002 Standard Edition Version 10. Its running fine, on a Win10x64 machine. It has a passport attached to the file which I don't think is possible to remove, but I simply choose to work offline.

Simple (or perhaps not so simple) question is - what are my future options , assuming this will stop working at some point ?

Thanks

Steve

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:35 AM

All replies

• You could download and save the install file for 2005 or Sunset as appropriate from the second post in this forum. Then save  install file  as an option.

However by continuing to use Money 2002, you might have future options that the newer ones might not have. So saving the install files, which will probably continue to be available one way or another in the future, your options are most open.

Money Sunset will let you remove the Passport, so you would not have to go along with the

Whether using Money 2002 or any other version, telling the Windows firewall to block Money will save Money the time it takes to wait for servers that are no longer there.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:12 PM
  • Thanks. If it isn't broke, I suppose.....

Still staggers me that there isn't a current MS program or app to do this.... has to have more value than 'Delve' and 'Yammer' etc :-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Still staggers me that there isn't a current MS program or app to do this.... has to have more value than 'Delve' and 'Yammer' etc :-)

What is "this" to you? Money is different things to different people, so what is it that you would be looking to do?  Maybe http://www.msn.com/en-us/money would have the feature that you want.

You are, after all, comparing to online things.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Just a generalisation - i.e. a modern version of what Money does, supported by Microsoft. Money 2002 does everything I need (multiple bank/card/stock accounts, import of QIF files from banks, categories, reporting, no need for tax functionality). And plenty of stuff I don't need. I was just expressing a view that a current version would have a market, and value to a lot of people. I was being factitious about the other O365 apps.......I use the vast majority of them at work.
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:04 PM