WHS + Thin Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use WHS with a thin client?

Monday, January 28, 2008 3:56 AM

Answers

• Heather,

Highly unlikely I would think. There is only 20GB allocated as your C: drive, so installing other programs onto WHS for use by your thin clients is going to run out of space very quickly. Plus, not withstanding the current data corruption bug, the migration and duplication functions don't appear to work well with data that is being written to continually.

Colin 

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:11 PM

All replies

• Heather,

Highly unlikely I would think. There is only 20GB allocated as your C: drive, so installing other programs onto WHS for use by your thin clients is going to run out of space very quickly. Plus, not withstanding the current data corruption bug, the migration and duplication functions don't appear to work well with data that is being written to continually.

Colin 

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:11 PM
  • Thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:47 PM
  • I'm not sure what you want to do, but I am able to access my WHS Server using the remote desktop application from a Wyse thin client  at my office.  I typically use it to access one of my home pcs, although it I can also access the server.  Needless to say, I'd be reluctant to install applications on the server itself ..as I don't want to risk impairing its reliability or performance.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:09 PM