CRM2011: Display Active Contracts instead of Contracts Associated View RRS feed

• Question

• In the Account navigation pane, there is a link to the related entity Contract. 

When a user clicks this link in a record, the Contracts associated view is displayed.

Is it possible to set a filter to default to Active contracts?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:40 PM

Answers

• You could change it to to every view you want by a JavaScript, but it is better to not use JavaScript. If you change the view to active contract it shows all of active contract regardless of the customer. You could change the system "Associate View" to show only active contacts. Go to settings > customizations > customize the system > entities > contracts > views. Find the associated view, and place a condition for the status on the active contracts. Then, save and publish the changes. After that, you could see the active associated contracts of an account on the contracts section.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:57 PM
  • I think NO! The associated views are special views which shows only related data. I think you could not use another way.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:10 PM

All replies

• You could change it to to every view you want by a JavaScript, but it is better to not use JavaScript. If you change the view to active contract it shows all of active contract regardless of the customer. You could change the system "Associate View" to show only active contacts. Go to settings > customizations > customize the system > entities > contracts > views. Find the associated view, and place a condition for the status on the active contracts. Then, save and publish the changes. After that, you could see the active associated contracts of an account on the contracts section.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Is there a way of doing it without changing the associated view? Only that will change it throughout the system wherever users see associated contracts won't it?
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:01 PM
  • I think NO! The associated views are special views which shows only related data. I think you could not use another way.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:10 PM