Password RRS feed

• Question

• I updated my password on Windows Live and now cannot activate OneCare since it would acept my password with my Windows Live account.  I can get to Windows Live and look at my account status across all services with Microsoft.  I even reset my password via OneCare since I couldn't get it to recognize the password and it still would not let me login. 

MSN Direct Navigation Services One-time Payment

Enabled

Windows Live OneCare Beta

Enabled

MSN Music

Enabled

Monday, January 21, 2008 12:59 PM

Answers

• Jim, follow the path for support via email and indicate you are a trial user.

Support will be able to identify your subscription LiveID if you provide contact / credit card data.

Since OneCare is not listed on this LiveID for anything other than beta, your subscription is under a different LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:15 AM

All replies

• If that is a list of your Billing account services, you do not have a subscription to OneCare. The beta environment was shut down a week ago.

However, if you are unable to log in when trying to purchase a subscription, due to the invalid password/ID, I suspect you are still using the beta software - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2690424&SiteID=2

If you need help with this, you can contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Steve,

I uninstalled the beta before installing the release of OneCare 2.  Prior to installing the beta, I had a subscription to OneCare 1.0.  I was willing to pay for a new subscription if what was left of my existing subscription could not be used.  The irony is that I changed my current Windows Live password and now am in this crazy loop where I cannot use my current Windows Live ID to log into OneCare.  When following your suggestions, I get into a loop where the current OneCare Product ID is considered invalid and I can’t log into OneCare…  Very frustrating

Contact Technical Support

Validate your OneCare subscription

To access support, choose from the options below.

Trial subscription versions of the product

I have a trial / beta version of OneCare

Paid subscription versions of the product

We could not find your OneCare subscription.
    Please sign in with the Live ID you used to activate your subscription.

Validate subscription by signing in to Windows Live ID

(This can be found in the Help -> About menu of the OneCare client)

Validate subscription by entering the product ID number

Enter your 20 digit product identification number.

The number is located in Help -> About menu of the OneCare client.

Jim

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Jim, follow the path for support via email and indicate you are a trial user.

Support will be able to identify your subscription LiveID if you provide contact / credit card data.

Since OneCare is not listed on this LiveID for anything other than beta, your subscription is under a different LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:15 AM