Visual Studio 2010 CRM Explorer Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I've done this before but for some reason can't get it to work now.

When I create a new Visual Studio Solution Template, it brings up the Connect form.  After I select my organization it's not letting me select a solution.  I have already created the solution in CRM.  As soon as I select my orgranization it acts like I'm clicking the OK button.  The Solution Name dropdown never becomes enabled.  Any ideas?

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:41 PM

Answers

• I got this to work but not sure I did it the approved way...

In the DeploymentProperties table in the MSCRM_CONFIG database, I changed the values in the column cleverly called NVarCharColumn to not have the :8080 on them.  Restarted IIS and we are in business.  My service endpoints now have the correct Urls and I can connect with the Visual Studio CRM Explorer and select a solution after selecting my organization.

• Marked as answer by ryanbesko Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:48 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:47 PM

All replies

• I might have made some progress on this but I'm still not there.  When I connect to our production server the Solution Name dropdown becomes enabled and I can select a solution.  On the development one I cannot.  One thing I discovered is our IT department re-installed the development version.  It used to be running on port :8080 because the default port was used by something else.  The new install uses the default port.  But, the service endpoints still say :8080 at the end of them under Developer Resources.  So now I think I need to know how to correct the urls of the service endpoints.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:38 PM
  • I got this to work but not sure I did it the approved way...

In the DeploymentProperties table in the MSCRM_CONFIG database, I changed the values in the column cleverly called NVarCharColumn to not have the :8080 on them.  Restarted IIS and we are in business.  My service endpoints now have the correct Urls and I can connect with the Visual Studio CRM Explorer and select a solution after selecting my organization.

• Marked as answer by ryanbesko Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:48 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:47 PM