Home Server and Home Group RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Home Server 2011. I have started there Home Group but none of  my computers can't connect it. I have tried with Win 7 Prof. and Home, 64 bit and 32 bit and with Win8. For instance Win8 saw that there in my Home Server was a Home group but couldn't connect it.

I'd like to use the Home Server Home Group settings, because it's allways on.

My computers can see my home server files.

I stopped firewall in my security program and activated Windows firewall but no use.

Nikorios

• Edited by Nikorios Monday, October 7, 2013 6:47 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 6:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you can’t connect the client pcs to Windows Home Server 2011? If so, I suggest you could try to refer to the following article to troubleshoot the client connecting issue.

Troubleshoot connecting computer to the server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/computer-connection-support-2.aspx

Regarding how to connect PCs to WHS 2011, please refer to the following article.

Connecting a PC to Windows Home Server 2011 in 10 easy steps

http://www.homesystemintegration.com/2011/02/connecting-a-pc-to-windows-home-server-2011-in-10-easy-steps/

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:56 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:33 AM
  • Thank you Andy

Actually I meant more than that. Connections are OK. With my server I can see all the User files. With my computers I can see all the server files. Still my coputer takes backups to the server. But I cannot make a Home Group connection. I have the homegroup password in my Home Server, but my computers don't connect to server home group.

By the way, where I can change my email address? I have changeg my job place and I don't know how long I do freelancer jobs there.

Nikorios

• Edited by Nikorios Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:24 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:17 PM
  • The Server can be a part of a Home Group as well as any of your Client Computers.

You can Join a Home Group with the any of your computers even the Server can:

1) Using the Server Settings button in the Dashboard then choose HomeGroup tab.

2) Or the Normal way, on any Computer by right clicking the Network Icon and going to Properties then choose HomeGroup and sharing options, etc...

You can also run the HomeGroup Troubleshooter on one or more of your computers to help fix any problems.

Bruce Hobson IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi again

Unfortunately that will not help. Is it possible that my firrewall pretends the connection? Which program should be allowed if my laptop tries to make a Home Group connection to my server?

Nikorios

Friday, November 1, 2013 6:01 PM