none
Should i Complain over training provider? RRS feed

• Question

• In november i was attending a 5 day system center course in Manhattan.

The facillities was used by other training companies, and my impression of the place was that it was very filty and low budget. The course administration was placed another state. I know that we all have different ideas of good standard but in my 18 years professional IT i have not seen anything like this. I have even attended 2 courses in Thailand, and the standard here was ten times better.

See the facillities here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0OsRyniRk

• There was hardly any heat in the room
    • We where located on the 29th floor but the traffic noice was so loud. Even though the windows was closed the curtains was moving due to bad isolations. First when i arrived into the room i thought the windows was open - that much noice was there from the street.
    • The "official" course material was missing so we had to use a copied version. After continius complains to the main office we got our own personal pdf file. (i think that the training provider tried to save the money by letting us use a copied version)
    • We found it very irritatin that the classroom computer where we did the LAB exercise and the course material was on the same computer. - we had to toggle back and forth every time we did a LAB exercise.
    • The internet connection, was a shared < 1-2 mbit line and was very unstable. We had often no connectivities. And all LAB servers was located in the administration building in another state. It was so annoying and tome consuming that we simply gave up doing some of the LABS.
    • We did not get our course diploma at the end (i have yet not recieved it).
    • We did not get one single demonstration - as according to course material.
    • We where not provided with any coffee snack or water - we had to pay for coffee since it was a shared facillity.
    • The instructor was basiclly chanting directly from the course material

I did compain to the instructor, and he said that he was a freelancer, and he knew about the bad standard, but he could not do anything. I allso complian to the main office, and they said the noice was to expect in manhattan and the internet they replied :

"As far as the internet connections are concerned, we are at the mercy of the landlord and internet providers. In Secaucus, NJ the landlord does not allow telephone poles, and we are 11,000 feet from the central office, so DSL is our only connectivity alternative and it is unstable based on the distance from the CO"

Now the question, is it me who demads to much or should i complain to Microsoft and does this help, should i demand a refund?

I certainly have never tried anything like this, and i hope that no one would experience the same.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Henrik - thanks for alerting us.  I've contacted our Learning Partners team and they will investigate.

Erwin Chan, Marketing Manager, Online Evangelism, Microsoft Learning

Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Henrik - thanks for alerting us.  I've contacted our Learning Partners team and they will investigate.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Thanks Henrik, we will look into it. This is not the experience we want students to have!

Sincerely,
    Ben

Director, Training Products
    Microsoft Learning

Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:41 PM

Do you have a status?
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Thanks Henrik, we will look into it. This is not the experience we want students to have!

Sincerely,
    Ben

Director, Training Products
    Microsoft Learning

Do you have a status?
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Just a question, what course diploma are you talking about? 

To my knowledge if you do sit a Microsoft course, you may get a Certificate of Attendance (I've received them for some of the MS courses I've taken) or the training providers own "qualification" that is really just a piece of paper designed by them that has the word diploma and doesn't have any educational standing.  These really aren't worth paper they're written on (cause all you have to do is just sit thru the course).  The only bit of paper that really matters is the MCP/MCTS/MCITP cert that you get for passing a Microsoft exam.

-Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:50 AM