Creating a Domain name for use in Home Server Remote Access services RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get pass the error when trying to create a Domain name in Window Homes Server Remote Access Setup.  I have create a Windows Live E-mail address and every time I enter that Email Address and Password it comes back telling me I have the wrong Email Address and Password entered.  I am using the same email address for hotmail as I used to get into this forum, so I know its established and working.  Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

One note: this is a trail version that I am settup for my home network.  So far have been happy with the software to this point.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:19 PM

Answers

• How do I get pass the error when trying to create a Domain name in Window Homes Server Remote Access Setup.  I have create a Windows Live E-mail address and every time I enter that Email Address and Password it comes back telling me I have the wrong Email Address and Password entered.  I am using the same email address for hotmail as I used to get into this forum, so I know its established and working.  Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

One note: this is a trail version that I am settup for my home network.  So far have been happy with the software to this point.
    Does your password have any strange letters (such as an e with ' over it or an n with ~ over it)?  If so, that might cause it.  You might also try changing your password through Live, then try logging in with your new password.
    • Marked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:45 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:58 PM

All replies

Does your password have any strange letters (such as an e with ' over it or an n with ~ over it)?  If so, that might cause it.  You might also try changing your password through Live, then try logging in with your new password.
    • Marked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by akcrosby Friday, May 1, 2009 5:45 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:58 PM
  • Thank you for the response, kariya21.  I re-created my password with the changes you suggested.  That worked.  I now have everything I need to complete Remote Access setup.  Yes, I did have a odd character in the password! 

I really like Windows Home Server.  So far, during the Trial Period,  I have been able to intragrate my home network better and the sharing of hardware and data is wonderful.  I travel a lot, so the ability to download photos from our Laptop will be great.

Thanks, Norman

Friday, May 1, 2009 5:52 PM