none
VS Web Setup Projects for .NET Core Applications RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create an msi to install a ASP.NET Core Application in IIS.  In the past I have used web setup projects to perform this for standared .NET applications.   After creating one for .NET core the files are not being deployed to the IIS virtual folders.   Is it possible to create a web setup project for a .NET core application?  Is so are there any tricks or additional steps that need to be performed for .NET core applications.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Per the description, this issue is about the setup project development and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

You can use "ClickOnce" to achieve the same need. It can deploy the "setup.exe" on the web page. And here is the articles maybe you can refer to:

ClickOnce - Quick steps to Deploy, Install and Update Windows Based Client Applications;

Deploying Windows applications using ClickOnce.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 5:13 AM
  • You moved this question to the windows forms thread.   I am asking about an ASP.NET Core Web API application.  How do I move this to the correct thread.
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:30 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion however I am trying to deploy a web site not a client application.  Does not make much sense to create a deployment server to install a web site.
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

There is no corresponding section in MSDN to handle "ASP.NET" issue. Maybe you can try to access ASP.NET Forums, where you can get more effective help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:17 AM