none
Suggesting additional Action for SyncToy, and some fixes

General discussion

• I am using SyncToy 2.1/Wndows 7.

I understand that many users find Echo very useful, but for my purposes, another action (maybe called Copy or Restore) would be appreciated. The function would be to simply make the right folder into an identical copy of the left.  Echo disregards any changes made to the right folder, and so does not accomplish this.  This could be an easily added, and widely used function.  (I realize there are other options: xcopy, robocopy, etc.) 

The main window of SyncToy displays "Last run at: mm/dd/yyyy ...." for the selected pair in the lower right-hand corner.  It only keeps track of manual runs, it does not reflect command-line runs executed through the task scheduler, e.g.  I need to view the log file to get the truth.  As such, I think it is very misleading, to say the least.  Can I call it a bug?

Many problems with running SyncToy in the Task Scheduler have been discussed elsewhere.  I am most irritated that I can only create basic tasks, otherwise SyncToy will fail to recognize my network drive. This precludes registering tasks that use any advanced features, like running when I'm not logged in. MS makes both programs; they should work together like hand & glove.  Oh, well.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:10 PM