Cannot Sign-in from Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• I tried signing on to my Live Account via the m.mesh.com, but got a message saying the login information I entered is incorrect.

When I sign-in via my Laptop there is no problem, but with my mobile - no go.

The mobile used is HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional using Pocket IE.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 12:14 PM

Answers

• Ben,

What I meant was - I could sign in to www.mesh.com via my Laptop, but could not log on to m.mesh.com on my Laptop with the same Live Mesh credentials.

But guess what! I went to the Expanded Live.... and added mobile device it allowed me to log in via my mobile device. Now my mobile device is also a part of the Mesh.

Thanks a lot Ben, Steve. That was quite fast. Really appreciate you guys resolving this issue so fast. Respect!

vinsup

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:25 AM

All replies

• Can you sign in at m.mesh.com from a PC?
    Have you ever been able to sign in via the phone?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 23, 2009 2:41 PM
  • Steve,

The answer is NO to both the questions.

Thanks

Monday, February 23, 2009 4:24 PM
  • That's good information, but I'm uable to tell you what the problem might be, though. We'll have to wait for someone from Live Mesh to provide some direction.
    Note that I can access the URL on my phone and from a PC in a web browser and am able to sign in with my LiveID used to access Live Mesh. I don't believe that the Mobile Live Mesh client has anything to do with your ability or inability to access the mobile URL, although it may be a location based item for your LiveID.
    -steve
    Monday, February 23, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Thanks Steve. Are there any specific locations / areas where this sign-on doesn't work?

I know this is not the right forum, but any idea when mobile devices will be part of the Mesh?

Thanks.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Actually, you are in the right forum for anything Live Mesh. This topic folder is primarily for the Mobile client, but accessing the mobile site seems to be related enough to me.
    According to the post at the top of the announcements, there are no country restrictions for the Mobile client. You still need to apply to join the preview for the mobile client - details in the aforementioned announcement post.
    As I noted, I am pretty certain that the client or access to it is not a prerequisite for accessing the mobile URL. It should work for you (sign in, that is) as long as you have access the http://mesh.live.com with that same LiveID.
    -steve
    Monday, February 23, 2009 6:06 PM
  • Hi vinsup,

This may seem obvious, but are you registered for the Live Mesh for Mobile tech preview?  Unlike Live Mesh for Windows, Live Mesh for Mobile is still in a limited-user stage (though we have plenty of room).  If you haven't provisioned your Live Mesh account for Mobile use, please see the Announcement "Expanded Live Mesh for Mobile CTP - Mobile activation code" at the top of this forum.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Is registration for Mobile required to access http://m.mesh.com ? I was under the impression that anyone already set up for Live Mesh could access the mobile site in a browser, but synchronizing was not going to happen without the client, with registration for the mobile client being a requirement.
    -steve

Monday, February 23, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Steve,

You're right - I wasn't thinking straight! ;)  You don't have to be signed up for the Mobile CTP to use m.mesh.com.  So, vinsup, please disregard my earlier post.

What's odd in this case is that m.mesh.com isn't even accessible from a PC.  That's very strange indeed. 

vinsup, when you say, "When I sign-in via my Laptop there is no problem" do you mean when you sign in to www.mesh.com?  But if you visit m.mesh.com on your laptop and sign in with the same Live Mesh credentials (i.e., your Live ID and password), you're told that the login information is incorrect?  What, exactly, is the error message that you receive?

We'll see if we can't get to the bottom of this.

Ben.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 10:38 PM
  • Ben,

What I meant was - I could sign in to www.mesh.com via my Laptop, but could not log on to m.mesh.com on my Laptop with the same Live Mesh credentials.

But guess what! I went to the Expanded Live.... and added mobile device it allowed me to log in via my mobile device. Now my mobile device is also a part of the Mesh.

Thanks a lot Ben, Steve. That was quite fast. Really appreciate you guys resolving this issue so fast. Respect!

vinsup

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:25 AM
  • I can't speak for Ben, but I know I didn't do anything. :-) I'm glad to read that you now have your mobile as part of the Mesh. Can you now also connect to m.mesh.com on the phone using the web browser?
    -steve
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:52 PM