In Case, For the particular record workflow is not firing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone please help me,

In case, for the particular record workflow is not firing. I have tested with the new record it's working fine. Please help me on regarding.

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I belive it is because your workflow fires when Record is Created. Try to pick other condition such as Record status change workflow will start when the status of existing record is changed), As on-demand process (you can start this workflow on chosed records)

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Your workflow should be redesigned. Your workflow potentialy will lead to infinite loop because your workflow is triggered on change status of record and it changes status of record inside. Could you please explain why do you need such kind of dataflow?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:08 AM
    Answerer
  • From my point of view it is better to use plugin or JavaScript. 

Hope this will help:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg509060.aspx

http://a33ik.blogspot.com/2012/03/extended-handling-of-save-events-in.html

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:31 AM
    Answerer
  • As I already wrote  your workflow potentialy will lead to infinite loop because your workflow is triggered on change status of record and it changes status of record inside.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:42 AM
    Answerer
  • I've made the same workflow as you. And it works, it fired several times, but updeted this field. Could you please provide scrrenshot of step to recheck what fields do you update?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Could you please confirm that for some of records workflow is not triggered?

In case answer is yes - you should contact Microsoft and Open support ticket.

In case answer is no - that means that workflow has been triggered but for some reason it hasn't updated incident. Please provide screenshot of workflow execution.

And this is good idea to mark reply as a helpfull and mark it as an answer in case this answer answers your question.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:48 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

I belive it is because your workflow fires when Record is Created. Try to pick other condition such as Record status change workflow will start when the status of existing record is changed), As on-demand process (you can start this workflow on chosed records)

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply. I have created the workflow when the record status change. I have tried with on demand workflow it is working fine. Please help me on regarding. Once again thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:02 AM
  • Please provide screenshot of your workflow.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:06 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Here You go, Thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Your workflow should be redesigned. Your workflow potentialy will lead to infinite loop because your workflow is triggered on change status of record and it changes status of record inside. Could you please explain why do you need such kind of dataflow?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:08 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply. Whenever the  case record resolved I have to check for the field clearedon(date field). If the field has value then it's fine, It's not having value and the status is resolved I need to fill the current date and time on the particular field. Once again thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:21 AM
  • From my point of view it is better to use plugin or JavaScript. 

Hope this will help:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg509060.aspx

http://a33ik.blogspot.com/2012/03/extended-handling-of-save-events-in.html

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:31 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me, what's going wrong in my workflow. Why should I want to use Plugin or Javascript. Once again thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:35 AM
  • As I already wrote  your workflow potentialy will lead to infinite loop because your workflow is triggered on change status of record and it changes status of record inside.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Yeah you are right, but I gave the condition Record status changes to "Resolved" and Clearedon field is empty. So whenever the record changes to resolved and clearedon field not having value then only it will fire wright. Thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:08 AM
  • I've made the same workflow as you. And it works, it fired several times, but updeted this field. Could you please provide scrrenshot of step to recheck what fields do you update?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply. I am updating date field and it's working every record but it's not working for some record but there is no difference I can see for this record and other record. Once again thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:36 PM
  • Could you please confirm that for some of records workflow is not triggered?

In case answer is yes - you should contact Microsoft and Open support ticket.

In case answer is no - that means that workflow has been triggered but for some reason it hasn't updated incident. Please provide screenshot of workflow execution.

And this is good idea to mark reply as a helpfull and mark it as an answer in case this answer answers your question.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:48 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply, I am sure that for some of the record it's not firing and for all other record it's firing. I have checked in system jobs it was showing failed. Please help me on regarding.

Friday, September 21, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Hi Maryna,

Thanks for your reply, I am sure that for some of the record it's not firing and for all other record it's firing. I have checked in system jobs it was showing failed. Please help me on regarding.

Could you please provide error message that appears when workflow fails?
    Friday, September 21, 2012 12:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

In system job status reason is failed. It's not giving any error message. Is there any other way to check the error message? Thanks for your reply. 

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

In system job status reason is failed. It's not giving any error message. Is there any other way to check the error message? Thanks for your reply. 

Other way to get the description is following:

1. Enable tracing - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490

2. Restart Async Service.

3. Reproduce error.

4. Recheck trace folder to find trace files and error description inside.

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:20 PM
    Answerer
  • HI,

It's a production server, So please send me the screen shot to enable tracing or give me the steps to enable tracing. There are two Async Service and Async Service(Client) which one I have to restart. Thanks for your reply.

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:32 PM
  • HI,

It's a production server, So please send me the screen shot to enable tracing or give me the steps to enable tracing. There are two Async Service and Async Service(Client) which one I have to restart. Thanks for your reply.

I have already provided an instruction how to switch on trace - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490.

You should restart service called CrmAsyncService.exe

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I have enabled the trace in registry and I have restarted the CrmAsyncService but I didn't find any data in trace. Can you please help me? Thanks for your reply.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:20 AM
  • Have you already reproduced mentioned error in workflow after you have enabled tracing and restarted Async Service?
    Monday, September 24, 2012 6:37 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I have enabled tracing after that I have restarted the Async service and tried to resolve the record in the system log it was showing the status 'Failed" but no data found in trace. Thanks for your reply.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

I have enabled tracing after that I have restarted the Async service and tried to resolve the record in the system log it was showing the status 'Failed" but no data found in trace. Thanks for your reply.

What does "tried to resolve the record in the system log it was showing the status Failed" mean?

I suggested you to reproduce error, i.e. run your workflow on the record on which your workflow failed before.

Once you will reproduce error you will get description of error in your log file.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:52 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi

The wrokflow will run once the Case completed field is "True". Once I click resolve case button on the case form Case completed will become "True". Default it's false. So I did the process Case Completed field turns "True" but the workflow is not firing and the system job It was showing the status "Failed" There is no log file created in Trace folder.

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:00 AM
  • HI,

This is the error I am getting "Failed to deserialize async operation data". Can you please help me on regarding. Thanks for your reply.

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:07 PM