CRM 3.0 Redeployment - Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• Folks:

I have read the documentation on redployment of CRM 3.0 to a new hardware (server) but had a couple of questions before I actually do the redeployment:

1) Becasue I am redploying the CRM from Old server to New server and both will be in the SAME DOMAIN with same company name so will that cause any problems to Active Directory as both CRM servers (old and new) will be running?

2) Our Reporting services are on the same server as CRM Application (SQL Server 2005 Databases are on different server) so while doing redeployment do I need to Install Reporting services seperately and is there any sequence I need to follow (first install CRM And then Reporting services).....

Thanks !

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:21 PM

All replies

• If you already have reporting service installed, you can point to existing reporting server. You don't have to install it again.
    Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Yes, reporting services is installed but it is on OLD CRM SERVER. Will I not have to install reporting services on the NEW CRM SERVER and pointing to the same Report Server Databases as OLD?

Also, When I run Redeployment Tool... It asks for 'Organization Unit'.... Should I keep the Same Organization Unit as it is on OLD Server because eventually I will be shutting down the old crm server?

Thanks !

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:04 PM
  • I haven't dealt with CRM 3.0 for some time now, but I'll try to help.

1) Becasue I am redploying the CRM from Old server to New server and both will be in the SAME DOMAIN with same company name so will that cause any problems to Active Directory as both CRM servers (old and new) will be running?

If you plan on running both CRM servers, then you will want to give the re-deployed server a new Org name.  Check to see if there is a point in the redeployment process where you can add the Org name.

2) Our Reporting services are on the same server as CRM Application (SQL Server 2005 Databases are on different server) so while doing redeployment do I need to Install Reporting services seperately and is there any sequence I need to follow (first install CRM And then Reporting services).....

Yes, install Reporting Services on the new machine and ensure it is working as expected before you re-deploy CRM to the server.  I'll assume you don't want both CRM applications to use the same Report server.  My guess is you want a Test and Production environment but I could be wrong.

Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:19 PM