Home Server drivers for ASUS barebone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to install WHS to my ASUS T3-P5945GCX Barebone (which uses the P5L 13L-X motherboard), however most of drivers are  not compatible. i really dont mind for most of them (graphics , sound etc...) are they are not necessary for the use of WHS, however i have a serious issue with the USB ports, since USB 2.0 are not recognised. i get the message..."this device shoudl perform faster ..."

I am using three external USB disks, and you realise that without USB 2.0 support the system does not work...

your help please.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:47 AM

All replies

• some clarifications: ASUS support site has no 2003 drivers for USB, or chipset update. Intel's site has no chipset update compatible to 2003
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Try XP drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:53 AM
  • I did. what has happened is that when i go to control panel, hardware, device manager, one USB controller (out of 6)appears to be "enchanced" which means USB 2.0. How do i know in which USB port this controller corresponds to? so that i can plug the external disk there?

thanks

Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:40 AM
  • The manuals you received with your system will tell you which ports are USB 2, and which are USB 1. It's not likely that anyare USB 1, however; you probably see one "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" entry? That's normal on systems with USB 2 ports.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

Did you install the Asus Intel Chipset Drivers update (ASUS download, Windows 2003, Intel Chipset Inf Update Program V8.3.0.1013 for Windows 2000/XP/XP MCE/2003/XP 64bit/2003 64bit/Vista 32bit/Vista 64bit )?

These should enable the USB ports.
    - Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:20 PM