File Conflicts RRS feed

• Question

• After removing a failing hard drive from my widows home server pp3, using the specified removal process, I have been left with nearly 30 file conflicts.  I have researched every posting here and elsewhere and cannot find this problem listed.  I followed the process of removing the offending hard drive; I replaced the drive with a new hard drive and rebooted but was left with all these conflicts.
    I have reinstalled the whs operating system hoping that would get rid of these reported conflicts; this also did not help.  It is irritating to constantly get this error message, have my icon on all computers coloured yellow when I know there are no conflicts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Barry
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:35 PM

Answers

• After removing a failing hard drive from my widows home server pp3, using the specified removal process, I have been left with nearly 30 file conflicts.  I have researched every posting here and elsewhere and cannot find this problem listed.  I followed the process of removing the offending hard drive; I replaced the drive with a new hard drive and rebooted but was left with all these conflicts.
    I have reinstalled the whs operating system hoping that would get rid of these reported conflicts; this also did not help.  It is irritating to constantly get this error message, have my icon on all computers coloured yellow when I know there are no conflicts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Barry
    You can try the WHS Cleanup Tool.  It's an app written by another WHS user.  Using it is unsupported, but it will probably get rid of your broken tombstones.
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 4:06 PM