none
A few problems

General discussion

• I have noticed a few problems:

1) Even if you add the forum to the trusted sites, it cannot run if the safety on the internet zone is set to high. There ought to be a list of sites, which are used, so that you are not forced to reduce the general safety.

2) Sometimes, the Submit button doesn't work. This is actually the second time I try to post this.

3) It is rather irritating that when you select a new page, it first jumps to the beginning of the present page and then after a whíle to the new (wanted) page.

4) The general speed is slower than the old forum. This also includes the editor.

5) The old profile is not transferred to the new forum. Just try to compare my profile with the one from the VB forum.

6) Only a very small fraction of your threads are shown under "User name" Contributions (Profile edit) and the very few ones, which is, are much too expanded. I cannot see any meaning of this.

7) The recognition points rules are not updated in FAQ. For example, I have 5025 points according to the profile in the VB forum (In the new base class forum, the points cannot be read). According to the rules in FAQ's, 5025 points is enough for three stars/medals and this is also the number, which is shown in old forums like the VB forum and the old base class forum. However, only two medals are shown in the new forum. It is OK to change the rules, but they ought to be updated in FAQ.
    Sunday, June 1, 2008 8:13 PM

All replies

• Carsten,

My team was discussing #6 the other day, as several of us were confused why the threads list in Profile didn't seem to be listing everything. Turns out that it only shows the threads you started, not the ones you replied to. This is inconsistent with the forums app and confusing. We're talking about changing it.

I'm pretty sure the issue with #7 is that you only get points for the threads we've actually migrated to the new forums. You'll get all your points when the rest of your 2.x threads migrate to the new system.

FWIW, our testing and monitoring shows that the new forums are pretty much the same speed as the (recently sped up) old ones. But there is some difference from one location to another. In which state/country are you located?

Jeff
    Jeff Day, Community Platform GPM
    Monday, June 2, 2008 5:48 AM
  • In Denmark where the forums usually are quite fast in the morning when the Americans sleeps :-)

The new editor was previously much slower than the old one, but the speed has improved considerably over the last few days. I presume that you have been working on the speed. Today it seems fast enough.

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:27 AM
  • Yes, we updated the Forums last week to address several performance issues.

One of the big things we did is implement Akamai support for images and scripts, which has dramatically improved speed in Europe.
    Jeff Day, Community Platform GPM
    Monday, June 2, 2008 6:01 PM